2020 headliners

jj200

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The stampede to get away from him could be deadly.

Haha yes maybe for some, but lots do seem to lap it up! I admittedly liked their last booking, but only because I hadn't seen them the previous times. Having said that, if they were booked again, I likely wouldn't seem them, and I'm a fan I guess.

Surely a 5th time isn't on the cards?!

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

That's what they said about Stormzy, Jay-Z, Metallica, Mumford n Sons, Kasabian... :P 

They were bloody right about Mumford as well  :lol:

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Chris Martin would be welcomed back wirh opem arms if he rode around on a giant cum cannon while singing  Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall.

I'd watch it.

I saw Rammstein at Download, and they are massively entertaining 

15 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Surely a 5th time isn't on the cards?!

Now that The Cure have levelled Coldplay's four time headliner achievement I'm sure Martin+co will want to return to take back their crown.

Plus, they're an incredibly easy booking for the festival and one that always goes down very well. They'll return every five or so years until they or the festival are kaputt or fall on bad terms I imagine. 

36 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Now that The Cure have levelled Coldplay's four time headliner achievement I'm sure Martin+co will want to return to take back their crown.

Plus, they're an incredibly easy booking for the festival and one that always goes down very well. They'll return every five or so years until they or the festival are kaputt or fall on bad terms I imagine. 

It's gonna be next year isn't it. Chris popping up left, right and centre this year can't just be a coincidence.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

What in the Mandela effect! When have NIN played Glastonbury?

EDIT: News to me that NIN did it in 2000. Learn something new every day 

Tool once played too, apparently. But I’ve long believed it was just a different group of smelly hippies.

Edited by dentalplan

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It won’t happen, it can’t happen.

The festival would lose a huge amount of credibility if it let them headline yet again. 

Chris and the who. Chuck florence in the mid slot thats all boxes ticked. 

53 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tool once played too, apparently. But I’ve long believed it was just a different group of smelly hippies.

Really? Any more info on that? When where

I was going suggest Tool, although doubt would go over well as although held in high regard in some circles, fairly unknown generally.

56 minutes ago, senor said:

Really? Any more info on that? When where

I was going suggest Tool, although doubt would go over well as although held in high regard in some circles, fairly unknown generally.

I wasn’t there cos I was still shitting in nappies but 1994, NME Stage. MJK then hopped onto the Pyramid for a song with Rage Against the Machine. It’s a year for which the lineup has aged pretty incredibly.

You’re right about Tool being no good for Glasto now.

Edited by dentalplan

I’m pretty sure Rammstein get brought up and suggested by the same couple of people who just essentially want it for themselves so try and justify why they’d be a good booking.

Unlike Jay Z and Metallica most of the general population have never ever heard of them, and once they did flick on bbc to have a look they’d be absolutely appalled and flick straight off again.

Could they perform somewhere at Glastonbury? Yes possibly. Will they ever headline the pyramid? Absolutely not no. So just like every year it’s a pointless suggestion that will simply never happen just because you might personally want it to. 

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The festival would lose a huge amount of credibility if it let them headline yet again. 

No it wouldn't the general public love Coldplay and think 4 years is an aeon, it'd make people grumpy on here but out in the real world people would love it.

If you want a vision of the future imagine Chris Martin playing the Pyramid - forever.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Agreed, and what new could they bring? At least there was a new album or two last time. And they upped their game visually with the lightshow / flashing wristbands / special guests etc. I don't believe there's anything album wise in the pipeline before then?

40 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Agreed, and what new could they bring? At least there was a new album or two last time. And they upped their game visually with the lightshow / flashing wristbands / special guests etc. I don't believe there's anything album wise in the pipeline before then?

I don't care. Fun as a juggling bear. Can headline every year as far as I'm concerned.

36 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Coldplay Supposedly recording  a new album as we speak.

Fair enough, I haven't been keeping up with what they're doing atm.

29 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I don't care. Fun as a juggling bear. Can headline every year as far as I'm concerned.

Haha, I sense sarcasm there...?

I loved their last headline set, but as mentioned previously I'd missed them the last three times they headlined.

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The guest spots were just a decoy. Chris Martin was chiefly on site this year to plant the seed for the Taylor Swift tulpa.

Let's hope so!