2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

What the fuck does her ex-boyfriend’s death have to do with her success?

Honestly I think Ariana Grande is that well known to people that the only people upset would have been upset if Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift were headlining.

And yes, it has sadly been the case throughout the history of pop music that women get looked at in a different light after they hit a certain age and have to fight pretty hard to stay up there.

Whilst that's certainly true,  there's no denying that there's been a decline in the quality of the songs for both Gaga and Swift. Nothing to touch the Monster, or Red/1989 levels of bangers for a long time. 

1 minute ago, zero000 said:

Whilst that's certainly true,  there's no denying that there's been a decline in the quality of the songs for both Gaga and Swift. Nothing to touch the Monster, or Red/1989 levels of bangers for a long time. 

Yes I can definitely agree with that.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Shallow?

Is that canon though?

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

This seems unlikely, given that he was booked so early on (see the tweet referencing a Gallagher brother). I think he was always the plan... And what a great plan it was ?

Exactly.  Was actually booked off the back of his set on the other stage in 2017 so I’d be amazed if he wasn’t the first one actually asked

1 hour ago, gherkin8r said:

I really don't think turning it into a gender issue helps anyone either. The vast majority of people don't consider the gender of the act as a motivating factor for going to see them. The implication by having a women's day would be that the women were picked on the basis that they were women rather than on the merits of their music.

??

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Equally if it happens naturally then that's no reason to try to rearrange things otherwise.  You probably only have to look back a decade or so to a point when there were all male Pyramid line-ups and it was regarded as wholly unremarkable.

??

There’s such a huge amount of incredible music being made by female artists/female fronted bands these days that it’s only matter of time before an all female Pyramid day happens IMO. And no one will bat an eyelid. Other than a few gammony types. 

Edited by Rubber Soldier

25 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

The Nine Inch Nails to headline

Miley’s HLAH cover tearing the arse out of the Pyramid field proved that Glastonbury is ready for NIN again. I mean, I’m not sure most of the crowd knew the song or that those who did knew it was NIN, but I certainly loved it, and isn’t that what really matters?

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

The Black Keys are a weird one I didn’t realise that they had a new album.

I guess they could sub but it would probably be a pretty thin crowd.

The new BK album is ok, nowhere near as good as Brothers or El Camino, but by no means a stinker either.

Other headliners seem about right.

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The new BK album is ok, nowhere near as good as Brothers or El Camino, but by no means a stinker either.

Other headliners seem about right.

I'm really enjoying it. Best since Brothers for me. It's really obvious they're trying to recapture that 'old' Black Keys and I think they've done it. Probably why the release has been so low-key as well.

Mentioned it in the legends slot but last night the Who talked about this year's glastonbury and wished they were there then pete said roger wants me to say something else. 

Also they announced they are touring/playing dates in Britain next year.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Miley’s HLAH cover tearing the arse out of the Pyramid field proved that Glastonbury is ready for NIN again. I mean, I’m not sure most of the crowd knew the song or that those who did knew it was NIN, but I certainly loved it, and isn’t that what really matters?

Would be a decent choice for the Pymild Metal Slot tbh