2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

In the context of Glastonbury though, especially the older demographic than the charts, surely she’s not remotely close to Gaga? 

I don’t think you can compare the two acts really. If either were booked they’d get a huge amount of media attention and a huge crowd. It’s not really an either or kinda situation. If Gaga headlines it will be huge, if Ariana headlines it will be huge. I reckon both would get the same sized crowd though (which is big)

8 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I think Gaga has much more widespread appeal whereas Ariana would be more for the young'uns. 

I think that theory has been disproved in recent years. People will go along to see huge name, no matter the artists 'usual' demographic. They'd all be huge. There would probably be more fuss about Grande from the Facebook lot but the crowd would be massive.

50 minutes ago, august1 said:

Maybe FM have agreed to fit in Glastonbury on their next tour cycle in 21 or 22?

The Eavis are massaging with their egos to make sure it happens. I think if they were locked in for next year they'd be silence not public displays of affection.

Aye. Has a whiff of ongoing negotiations about it imo.

1 hour ago, Cream Soda said:

I think Gaga has much more widespread appeal whereas Ariana would be more for the young'uns. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I think that theory has been disproved in recent years. People will go along to see huge name, no matter the artists 'usual' demographic. They'd all be huge. There would probably be more fuss about Grande from the Facebook lot but the crowd would be massive.

Honestly big names on the lineup are guaranteed big crowds. Anyone who is all over radio one will get the bigger crowds of the weekend. 

Billie Eilish, Kylie, Miley, Stormzy probably the biggest crowds of the weekend. 

Whilst Ariana and Gaga slightly appeal to different pop demographics it is still a pop demographic. I do think a lot of attendees go to say they’ve seen the act and then end up staying because they are enjoying it (seems to be the gig with stormzy).

Id go as far to say that Ariana, Gaga, Taylor would all probably garner the same size crowd.

Pymaid stage

Green Day

Drake

Coldplay

The other stage

Mumford and sons

The national

The strokes

West holts stage

Blossoms

Sam fender

Fatboy slim

Jon peel stage

Kasier cheifs

Nothing but thieves

Diplo

The park stage

Wolf Alice

Billy Bragg

Orbital

11 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Pymaid stage

Green Day

Drake

Coldplay

The other stage

Mumford and sons

The national

The strokes

West holts stage

Blossoms

Sam fender

Fatboy slim

Jon peel stage

Kasier cheifs

Nothing but thieves

Diplo

The park stage

Wolf Alice

Billy Bragg

Orbital

At first glance those are three fairly non west holts headliners aren’t they?

11 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Spice Girls for legend? I'd be elsewhere mind, but after Kylie, it seems the next logical step.

that's not a bad shout, particularly with how popular the tour has been this summer. 

Spice girls would be an absolute road block for the legend slot and I as mentioned in an earlier post, it’ll be 2020 and a new decade so no reason they can’t move on to 90s acts now.

I don’t know anything about their latest tour but I’m assuming posh wasn’t in it? But seeing as she was actually at the festival this year you’d think that would help persuade them.

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Spice girls would be an absolute road block for the legend slot and I as mentioned in an earlier post, it’ll be 2020 and a new decade so no reason they can’t move on to 90s acts now.

Because they only moved into an 80s act for the first time in 2019?

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

No you’re right as far as the Commodores go. He didn’t go solo until the 80s and that’s where I think of some of his stuff as coming from, but he was around in the 70s as well. 

And he's 20 years older than Kylie. I feel like Kylie was already quite a leap forward in terms of the slot it would be a shame to jump forward again the year after just because the year ends in 0.

20 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Spice Girls for legend? I'd be elsewhere mind, but after Kylie, it seems the next logical step.

I defo think it could happen and it's a lower than headline slot with prestige. The fest is a lot more commercial these days and I don't see that changing.

I don't know why but Spice Girls in the legends slot just doesn't sit right, if they were to play (especially if they can get Posh back on board) then it's a headline slot isn't it? Especially if they're not playing other festivals. They're not my cup of tea but I imagine the tv audience for that would be huge! 

5 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

I don't know why but Spice Girls in the legends slot just doesn't sit right, if they were to play (especially if they can get Posh back on board) then it's a headline slot isn't it? Especially if they're not playing other festivals. They're not my cup of tea but I imagine the tv audience for that would be huge! 

surely they'll be done and dusted a long before this time next year?