2020 headliners

jj200

HAHA YES

I don’t care legit this is brilliant. 2017 was so good that I am desperate to see them at the festival again.

Radiohead somewhere on the bill would be lovely. Maybe 2017 made Thom remember that this is the greatest festival on the planet and they get such a warm reception every time they do it.

you could see that Thom was physically taken back a bit at the response they got on the night.

Edited by Matt42

Part of me just thinks they've smashed the pyramid three times now, might be best to just leave it at that as far as headlining goes.

Secret set somewhere would be cracking. I'd like an acoustic set with stuff like Spinning Plates, Motion Picture Soundtrack and Fog getting a run out, with Fake Plastic Trees, Karma Police, Reckoner etc sprinkled in.

12 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

If Radiohead do it next year then I'm sorry Matt, I can't come to your wedding.

N.B. I have a friend called Matt who has decided to book his wedding for Glasto weekend 2020.

I'll take a picture for you. 

N.B. we have known each other for years so I'm not randomly being a dick to a stranger.

So it’s been ringing in my head what @dentalplan and others discussed earlier about it seeming like the 1975 are not in the frame. The only way that I can actually convince myself that Glasto wouldn’t call them is if they already have the “newer headlining act” sorted.

Shes not really been discussed much recently and I’m quite surprised about that but what about Ariana Grande?

I thought she’d be a shoe in for the mid pyramid pop slot like Miley did. However I think Glastonbury would struggle to get her to play below headline when she’s comfortably playing headliner slots across the globe. Miley and Katy were not exactly on top of the game when they played. 

The Stormzy performance somewhat proves that booking a popular act (even if some argue is premature) can pay off if the act puts on a good performance. Ariana has to be on Emily’s radar surely for something! I reckon if her tour dates didn’t conflict with the festival we may have seen her on the bill in 2019.

Probably and idealistic trio but if Glasto secured Ariana Grande, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John that would surely be a fantastic trio to celebrate the 50th. A little bit of everything there. Even if they didn’t get Fleetwood and it was Foals, Ariana, Elton that would still be a strong trio.