2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Foals would be a great headliner, in the grand scheme of things a young band who have worked their way up. 

Then you have FM - legends that have been rumoured for as long as I can remember.

Not sure who headlier number three would be in that situation. 

• Upvote 1

Why would they spend so much time waffling about FM, and then FM reference a "muddy festival" at Wembley, only for them to not even be touring, let alone doing Glastonbury, in 2020? Seems very bizarre, although I do concede stranger things have happened.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Why would they spend so much time waffling about FM, and then FM reference a "muddy festival" at Wembley, only for them to not even be touring, let alone doing Glastonbury, in 2020? Seems very bizarre, although I do concede stranger things have happened.

There's conflicting reports over what was actually said in that speech - I've heard it described that the phrase "muddy fields" was used in a restrospective sense.

7 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Foals would be a great headliner, in the grand scheme of things a young band who have worked their way up. 

Then you have FM - legends that have been rumoured for as long as I can remember.

Not sure who headlier number three would be in that situation. 

Ive always wanted them to for pure selfish reasons but after the new album and that performance and turn out on the Park on saturday... i think they are definitely going to headline the pyramid... if not next year the year after. 

I was thinking the other day how cool it would be if they had The Kinks headline, and somehow managed to track down the people who went in 1970 and offer them free tickets as a nostalgic gesture for them pulling out of the first festival.

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

So we have to wait 3 years for the B-52s, and as for 10,000 Maniacs, forget about it... 

I saw 10,000  Maniacs back in Sheffield in the late 80's - do wish i had seen them more !

Still listen to Blind Man Zoo and Tribe quite a bit .

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

She said it in the same verse as Noel Gallagher being 'next year' which everyone thought was 2019...... but wasn't as he is 2020. I still beleive it was referring to 2020 but only time will tell.

She was referring to the ten guys headlining this year.

Looks like Skybet won't list it (which is odd as I've never know a bookie to turn down the chance of making a few quid...)  So.....I'll come clean.....the name I was given is Radiohead. 

Mate who was working spent Saturday night touring crew bars with some guy he met in Maceo's, who then used his sparkly AAA pass to get him in as a guest to T&C Green Room, Acoustic back stage etc etc....he told him he knew Radiohead were nailed on for 2020 and when questioned he said it was because they were Michael's favourite band.  Seems unlikely but there are precedents for returning in 3 years, there are rumours of new material for 2020, they could be the act Emily says haven't been mentioned yet.....and....and they're just epic basically.  Perhaps the 2020 lineup is simply going to feature the biggest headliners from the last 50 years.....and they fit nicely.

I'm probably going to get some stick for it but there you go...just passing on what we herd (herd....see what I did there?)

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Looks like Skybet won't list it (which is odd as I've never know a bookie to turn down the chance of making a few quid...)  So.....I'll come clean.....the name I was given is Radiohead. 

Mate who was working spent Saturday night touring crew bars with some guy he met in Maceo's, who then used his sparkly AAA pass to get him in as a guest to T&C Green Room, Acoustic back stage etc etc....he told him he knew Radiohead were nailed on for 2020 and when questioned he said it was because they were Michael's favourite band.  Seems unlikely but there are precedents for returning in 3 years, there are rumours of new material for 2020, they could be the act Emily says haven't been mentioned yet.....and....and they're just epic basically.  Perhaps the 2020 lineup is simply going to feature the biggest headliners from the last 50 years.....and they fit nicely.

I'm probably going to get some stick for it but there you go...just passing on what we herd (herd....see what I did there?)

They have listed it, 12/1

16 hours ago, strummer77 said:

Yup. He could definitely play, but it would have to be a more niche slot for sure.

Hard to think of one really that suits. If Neil Young headlined again (or similar) he could go before him as at BST and the crowd awaiting the headliner may accept it... but before something fairly contemporary - probably not. The sub slot seems an awfully hard one to pull off at the best of times.

Maybe a West Holts headliner against someone huge but then he probably wouldn't take that and the crowd could be too big.

I think Shakey is subbing Dylan at BST