2020 headliners

jj200

7 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Gonna throw in a curveball. Rammstein

Yes they are a download band but they've done it a couple of times in the past few years (not unheard of for download) and Metallica have headlined to great success in the past

The only reason they came to mind is they've popped up on my recommended videos on youtube and I've solely been watching glasto clips the past few days. Maybe google know something

Highly doubt this would ever happen but I think it would be pretty cool

There’s more chance of Alex from that Dave video headlining next year. 

35 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Foals 

Green Day 

Fleetwood Mac 

That's actually very weak for next year I feel, I don't see Green Day there....not realised anything of note in a long time and we don't need a, I say hey oooohh...keep it for Reading. Foals naturally are looking likely to be there but I'd just put them as sub, too many smaller festivals this year for them to bump that far imo.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

That's actually very weak for next year I feel, I don't see Green Day there....not realised anything of note in a long time and we don't need a, I say hey oooohh...keep it for Reading. Foals naturally are looking likely to be there but I'd just put them as sub, too many smaller festivals this year for them to bump that far imo.

Think it's not an issue that Green Day haven't released a "huge" album in a while, they've got the back catalogue. Would be a real crowd pleaser!

1975 must be nailed on for Friday. I’m not a fan but can’t understand the dislike to them on here. Far worse bands have headlined. 

The crowd pleaser on Saturday has to be Fleetwood Mac as first choice or an UK act like Arctics to step in if they can’t agree £.

Sunday is the wild card - I wonder if Elton would get that. Great way to end the festival.

8 hours ago, K2SO said:

I hate The 1975 with a passion, but I can't see any reason other than I think they are dog shit that they shouldn't headline. One of the biggest British bands around at the moment. I just really hope they decline in popularity soon because they get right on my tits ?

Agreed, I have zero love for the 1975 but you’d have to be pretty deluded to think they aren’t headliner material.

Worth noting that the Sunday night set will almost inevitably contain a few references to the 50th, certainly an appearance from ME (and probably Chris Martin). 

That’s not a job for a young’un, they need someone with a bit of gravitas who can handle these occasions.

Arise Sir Elton.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Worth noting that the Sunday night set will almost inevitably contain a few references to the 50th, certainly an appearance from ME (and probably Chris Martin). 

That’s not a job for a young’un, they need someone with a bit of gravitas who can handle these occasions.

Arise Sir Elton.

Macca is just the perfect answer, but they seem determined not to book him. 

24 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I still think that Disclosure will be one of the 3.

Emily loves them, they have headlined West Holts and Other and have new material on the way. They are also 'a couple of blokes' and Emily said that is what we had for 'next year'.

The Pet Shop Boys are a “couple of blokes” who turned up this year...

1 minute ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

In same vain as T Swift to an extent, if they're wanting a younger female headliner then maybe Rihanna? New album on the way and she's pretty huge.

I’m not particularly au fait with Rihanna but hasn’t her ship sailed a little? She’s certainly not the cultural force she was a few years back.

Falls into the strong sub/weak headliner bracket for me.

3 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

In same vain as T Swift to an extent, if they're wanting a younger female headliner then maybe Rihanna? New album on the way and she's pretty huge.

She’s had a new album on the way since her last one. I truly think Rihanna is done with music, she’s now becoming a billionaire off her makeup brand so why would she bother going back to music?

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Falls into the strong sub/weak headliner bracket for me.

If she played she’d headline. However she hasn’t done anything music related in a long time. I’m not sure when she toured last but she’s made it known that she’s focusing on her globally successful makeup brand now and not music.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Pet Shop Boys are a “couple of blokes” who turned up this year...

True, and they are playing next year too................................ had heard that before they played with the Killers. I reckon Sunday Tea Time slot for them.