2020 headliners

jj200

3 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Have you used their request a bet service to request who you want? (not that I'm keen to know or anything)..

Wouldn't have a clue how to be honest....got a mate with various bookmaker accounts so I'll ask him to request odds rather than via Twitter etc where anyone can see it.

It's prob bullish*t, and let's face it loads of folks have AAA passes for all sorts of reasons that wouldn't give them any access to inside info.  The source though does have pretty good credentials, and would mix with the right people in GFL.

The act isn't all that ludicrous either....it would be somewhat remarkable if true...but there are precedents that could give it credence (and that's not a clue!).

8 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Wouldn't have a clue how to be honest....got a mate with various bookmaker accounts so I'll ask him to request odds rather than via Twitter etc where anyone can see it.

It's prob bullish*t, and let's face it loads of folks have AAA passes for all sorts of reasons that wouldn't give them any access to inside info.  The source though does have pretty good credentials, and would mix with the right people in GFL.

The act isn't all that ludicrous either....it would be somewhat remarkable if true...but there are precedents that could give it credence (and that's not a clue!).

Just tweet them at @RequestABet saying who you want and they'll either reply saying they've added it to the market or they can't offer it

Emily did say the one that is 90% booked ''hasn't been mentioned''

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Seen Arctic Monkeys mentioned a few times... Bloody hope not! I am a huge fan of theirs but cannot see what they could bring next year that they haven’t already.

There should be a ten years or three albums between headliner sets rule.

There will have been 3 if they bring one out by then though. I don’t think anyone thinks they should if they don’t. 

Friday: The 1975/Arctic Monkeys

Saturday: Fleetwood Mac/Paul McCartney

Sunday: Taylor Swift/Lady Gaga

Legends slot: Elton John

Pretty much very similar suggestions from most but I can see it being a combination of the above. Only left field acts (and by leftfield I mean not everyone’s nailed on headliners) I believe could be booked are maybe Kendrick Lamar/Madonna/Drake.

Bits of info I believe I can remember picking up over the last year or so seems to suggest Noel could be subbing, Chris Martin could appear anywhere for a secret set (as it’s surely too soon for them to headline again after 2016, and an announced set anywhere else other than headline the pyramid just doesn’t seem right at all) and Emily and Michael mentioning a couple of years back that 2 of the 2020 headliners were already booked. I know this is said a lot but with talk constantly of Fleetwood Mac who have mentioned at their show recently of returning to a festival next year to be back performing, talk of Macca this year for it to then go quiet all of a sudden and conversations of Emily about the 1975 wanting to headline just seems to tell at least 2 of those 3 are going to do it. But without a female headline act in 2019 I feel that Gaga or Swift could be in with a shout.

I do think the 50th anniversary will come with one of the strongest line ups ever, a lot of special guests and a lot of new things around the site. 

Been home a day and already desperate to get back!

• Like 1

Had a thought today, would it be possible for the festival to put on a 4th Headliner and have someone open the stage on Thursday evening or something? Or maybe go all out and schedule an extra day of acts for the Thursday because of 85 bringing the big 5-0? Or is this just wishful thinking in my part?

9 hours ago, Ducky89 said:

Had a thought today, would it be possible for the festival to put on a 4th Headliner and have someone open the stage on Thursday evening or something? Or maybe go all out and schedule an extra day of acts for the Thursday because of 85 bringing the big 5-0? Or is this just wishful thinking in my part?

I'm of the opinion that main stages music won't ever be allowed on the Thursday.

10 hours ago, Ducky89 said:

It would require a substantial change to the licence to do anything more than they currently do on the Thursday.

A slightly outdated copy of the licence is here - though I wouldn't expect any of this type of stuff to have changed in the latest version. The precise schedule of what's allowed to operate and when is on Page 11 of the Command, Control, Communications and Coordination plan. Pyramid and some others are allowed to have a soundcheck on Thursday, but this doesn't mean putting on a Live Band - West Holts tried that dodge in the past and the council told them off so that's been specifically ruled out.

10 hours ago, Ducky89 said:

Tbh we already have a 4th of a kind in the legend slot but I expect someone big to play in a TBA slot.

36 minutes ago, incident said:

It would require a substantial change to the licence to do anything more than they currently do on the Thursday.

A slightly outdated copy of the licence is here - though I wouldn't expect any of this type of stuff to have changed in the latest version. The precise schedule of what's allowed to operate and when is on Page 11 of the Command, Control, Communications and Coordination plan. Pyramid and some others are allowed to have a soundcheck on Thursday, but this doesn't mean putting on a Live Band - West Holts tried that dodge in the past and the council told them off so that's been specifically ruled out.

Unless I'm reading that wrong, it appears Arcadia can run on Thursdays from 10am-3am?