2020 headliners

jj200

The 1975

The National

Fleetwood Mac 

I think it has gone warm on Fleetwood Mac and cold with Macca.

I just dont see it with AM or Oasis 

30 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I know, right.

I was fairly spangled so I'll happily admit a misidentification if I got it wrong. My group were all in the Inn on the Green and so I've got no verification. They were all rightly sceptical. 

Her latest Instagram post tags Stella McCartney, but that's maybe just her shades.

I buy it. I was getting my life watching The Cure, if I really think about it then the only possible way I could reach that emotional state is if in some subconscious way, I was getting waves from Her.

Personally hope they give up the Madonna dream. Has a ring of Prince about it where they chase and chase and end up settling for 2nd, 3rd choice headliners instead as they scramble around for something at the last minute.  

Madonna would be a huge booking for sure, but would it actually benefit the festival any more than getting a different female US star? Gaga, Swift, Grande etc? They would probably charge less, and the festival won't make even more money with Madonna since it sells out anyway. They all seem much more likely to jump on board and go all in.

Still going for Blur, Swift and FM. Backup options to those three would be Kendrick, Gaga and Neil Young.

think we should have a first for glasto for their 50th year and have all female headliners, maybe swift, gaga and madonna. it would be fun just to see all the MRAs get triggered about forcing a feminist agenda even though 3 male headliners have been the norm for the last 50 years!!

legend slot, has to be Diana Ross surely! 

• Upvote 2

I realise people are focused on big, legendary names for obvious reasons, but I can't help but think we'll see one of the nights go to a more standard / regular festival act - a "Glastonbury favourite" for lack of a better way of putting it. It's now been long enough since the Arctics last played that they could be in line for it again, and I'm still convinced that they're going to bring Flo back in the next 2 or 3 years so that she gets her own full spotlight. Depends on album / touring cycles of course, but I have to assume we're going to see each of them some time soon.

Think it'll be The 1975 / Fleetwood Mac / Paul McCartney however I'd like to see and be over the moon if they booked Green Day - Billie Joe was there over this weekend to watch his sons band SWMRS and spent the Saturday looking around the site.

54 minutes ago, incident said:

I realise people are focused on big, legendary names for obvious reasons, but I can't help but think we'll see one of the nights go to a more standard / regular festival act - a "Glastonbury favourite" for lack of a better way of putting it. It's now been long enough since the Arctics last played that they could be in line for it again, and I'm still convinced that they're going to bring Flo back in the next 2 or 3 years so that she gets her own full spotlight. Depends on album / touring cycles of course, but I have to assume we're going to see each of them some time soon. 

this year would have been perfect for FATM to headline, 4 years since they stepped up for Foo Fighters, and on a European tour this summer after releasing an album last year. very unlikely to have an album out before 2020, so probably 2021 at the earliest.