2020 headliners

jj200

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I haven't read it anywhere. I know Michael Eavis' words are not to be trusted, but he said in his talk at the acoustic tent that Fleetwood Mac won't be able to play Glastonbury until they lower their prices. And that Glastonbury have some great headliners booked for next year.

1 hour ago, Bixer said:

Surprised people think Madonna is a possibility - did anyone else see her appearance on Graham Norton a couple of weeks ago? She’s completely lost the plot and is way past the point of no return up her own backside.

Way too much risk of another Lauryn Hill-esque set for such an important year imo. 

The only thing stopping it would be money imo. 

43 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I haven't read it anywhere. I know Michael Eavis' words are not to be trusted, but he said in his talk at the acoustic tent that Fleetwood Mac won't be able to play Glastonbury until they lower their prices. And that Glastonbury have some great headliners booked for next year.

He used to say precisely the same thing about the Rolling Stones

39 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Given the festival’s history of booking guests for the next year I’m going to put it out there...

Pet Shop Boys for legend slot?

other stage yes but legends slot, are we being serious?, can't think of anything more underwhelming for next year's legend slot 

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

They've got to go with at least one female headliner for next year, especially after Emily's comments about wanting gender parity.

They most likely have Madonna in mind. Whether they secure her is another thing

Edited by Matt42

11 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

They've got to go with at least one female headliner for next year, especially after Emily's comments about wanting gender parity.

That's where FM will come in, I can see Gaga attending....headlining maybe. Also Dua Lipa subbing probably. Two females headliners though I just can't see and I reckon they'd get away with Gaga being a sub...next year the whole film thing will have died down. The 1975, Gaga and Dua Lipa is atm my sub thoughts.

FM, Arctics and Blur is my top line. Elton to sub, Coldplay to do an earlier TBA slot and I think Noel will open Other/Pyramid on Friday...yes he could sub but for the 50th I think he'd want to play and then get messy.

Just now, thewayiam said:

That's where FM will come in, I can see Gaga attending....headlining maybe. Also Dua Lipa subbing probably. Two females headliners though I just can't see and I reckon they'd get away with Gaga being a sub...next year the whole film thing will have died down. The 1975, Gaga and Dua Lipa is atm my sub thoughts.

FM, Arctics and Blur is my top line. Elton to sub, Coldplay to do an earlier TBA slot and I think Noel will open Other/Pyramid on Friday...yes he could sub but for the 50th I think he'd want to play and then get messy.

Elton John is not subbing for fuck’s sake.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

?

I know, right.

I was fairly spangled so I'll happily admit a misidentification if I got it wrong. My group were all in the Inn on the Green and so I've got no verification. They were all rightly sceptical. 

Her latest Instagram post tags Stella McCartney, but that's maybe just her shades.