2020 headliners

jj200

5 hours ago, robillustrates said:

There is a difference between being unbiased and hotshotting a band to the top of a lineup. .

The 1975 are massively popular and are headlining R&L this year. Foals didn't even get a number 1 with their new album despite it being great. It's no competition, 1975 are the biggest Uk band for years n they deserve it tbh.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Woodstock 50 isnt going to happen if you havent been reading up. The organizers are still attempting to secure a new venue site and have not even discussed that or anything else with any artists that were booked. Tickets have not even gone on sale.

i think it’s fair to say until it’s officially cancelled it’s still happening, Could be a more than a decent alternative for Hov if the whole thing goes down.  He last played  glasto ten years ago.

26 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Other than 1975 is there anyone else who could get a Stormzy-esque push?

If a Friday newcomer headliner becomes a regular thing I'm all for it.

At this point in time not really. Points towards them being a high possibility. 

1 hour ago, willd255 said:

One who I think is possible who's not been mentioned - Dua Lipa

I think she could get a sub but not headline it. 

39 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

Friday - the 1975

saturday - Madonna 

sunday - fleetwood mac 

legend - Elton

I think Madonna will say no but FM and Arctics will be two of them, Blur wouldn't surprise me. The 1975 will be there I think but I feel they'll sub it...not playing Glasto the year after Reading on a huge year when the albums been out. Ideally they should have done Glastonbury this year if offered and went to Reading next.

After seeing the reaction for Kylie I don't see Elton turning that down at all, he'd be virtually unopposed as in the chances of catching an act on another stage at 4pm are quite likely at another time.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think Madonna will say no but FM and Arctics will be two of them, Blur wouldn't surprise me. The 1975 will be there I think but I feel they'll sub it...not playing Glasto the year after Reading on a huge year when the albums been out. Ideally they should have done Glastonbury this year if offered and went to Reading next.

After seeing the reaction for Kylie I don't see Elton turning that down at all, he'd be virtually unopposed as in the chances of catching an act on another stage at 4pm are quite likely at another time.

The best we can hope for with that Kylie performance is a pop legend will see it and think “game on bitch”.

Watching on TV kylie nailed it. Hopefully it sparks up a bit of competition with those who have refused it in the past.

1 hour ago, 1986 said:

Not next year, but I really do think Dave is one to watch. With a successful second album I reckon he could put on a good headline show and match the bar set by Stormzy.

2 hours ago, 1986 said:

I think for a lot of bands, all it would really need is a couple of massive singles and an album between then and now to put them in the running. For a while I've thought Wolf Alice and Chvrches could make the leap, but they both need something on the scale of 'The Sound' to get into that league with '75.

In hindsight, I think its a shame that Elbow didn't get the boost back in 2014 instead of Kasabian, but I think the moment has gone, and I can see that happening to Foals too.