2020 headliners

jj200

Just now, chazwwe said:

I dont think it would be them desperate to do the legend slot, but if they could get Fleetwood/Madge/Arctics and then Elton as the legend slot I think they would be pretty happy. 

Those four in a single year is wildly optimistic, but in that hypothetical I can’t see Elton being all about being the fourth choice headliner holding the short straw. He could rightly tell them to shove their anniversary.

I can see Glastonbury being all that bothered by offering Elton more than the headliner option as it sounds like he's not been asked previously. If they got Madonna and FM which would be their priority they'll happily take Arctics or Blur then out Coldplay in the Legends spot if Elton says no, if he says yes they do something different.

47 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

It would be great if the festival could give Coldplay a swerve for their 50th anniversary but its not going to happen is it, they're probably planning their next album around it. 

Coldplay will almost certainly be there in some capacity (secret set most likely), but they won’t headline.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Coldplay will almost certainly be there in some capacity (secret set most likely), but they won’t headline.

My guess is 3rd down Pyramid Saturday though I think they'll still opt for an American act there...whichever female does big weekend haha, or the Legend slot on Sunday. It could be secret as far as just having a TBA on the Pyramid until they come on but that's a far as secret could go I think.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

my guess is that Coldplay will sub and not headline. Or a secret set.

I could see this happening. I don’t think that the Pyramid headliners will be that much bigger than usual but maybe we might see a lot of bands  “associated” with Glastonbury headlining other states (Orbital, Levellers, Muse) or doing secret sets (Pulp, Coldplay etc) 

1 minute ago, sadimmock said:

I could see this happening. I don’t think that the Pyramid headliners will be that much bigger than usual but maybe we might see a lot of bands  “associated” with Glastonbury headlining other states (Orbital, Levellers, Muse) or doing secret sets (Pulp, Coldplay etc) 

Lol I just said something very similar , great minds 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, syc1818 said:

alternatively could be McCartney

I've had solidly-sourced info that he's not in the running - better sourced than what Michael said on TV.

I'm guessing that's because he backed out this year and something around that* makes him not possible for next year.

(*another guess: that he won't be on tour then).

Edited by eFestivals

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've had solidly-sourced info that he's not in the running - better sourced than what Michael said on TV.

I'm guessing that's because he backed out this year and something around that* makes him not possible for next year.

(*another guess: that he won't be on tour then).

current headliner predictions for next year? Or guess :D

Edited by mufcok

Loving the outlandish predictions but surely the idea of 6+ headline size bands playing throughout the weekend is pushing it.

If they pull a vintage trio of FM, Elton and/or whoever that'll be special enough.