2020 headliners

jj200

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

they're clearly trying to encourage Madge to do it at the mo, and if she showed interest the same year as another expensive act (F.Mac) then I can't see Glasto knocking her back. They'd make it work somehow.

Are they? What makes you say that? Beyond the fact that she's presumably on the permanent rolling wishlist.

13 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Are they? What makes you say that? Beyond the fact that she's presumably on the permanent rolling wishlist.

in the last few years there's been a bit of "we'd love to have Madge" going on. It didn't used to happen, at least nothing like to the same extent. It's the same as they used to do with the Stones, with U2, with Prince, and a few others.

It might be that she's always been on their wishlist, but now she's definitely at the top of that wishlist.

59 minutes ago, Homer said:

Anyone care to have a crack at pretending Madonna isn't big enough to headline and could only do the legend slot?

Oh she's big enough but I still think they shouldn't touch her with a barge pole.

Aside from the fact that he shows are always terrible and all her banter between songs is cringe-worthy because she's a terrible person (which is hard to put aside), she, or her management have a reputation for dicking people around. She'd pull out at the last minute over contract notifications without blinking so definitely not worth the risk. They should just book somebody good instead.

15 minutes ago, Deadman Andy said:

Yeah, I can’t see Elton doing the legends slot

There's a joke in there somewhere if anyone can be bothered to have a crack at it (I'd probably get Barry Manilow into the mix personally - but knock yourself out).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

they're clearly trying to encourage Madge to do it at the mo, and if she showed interest the same year as another expensive act (F.Mac) then I can't see Glasto knocking her back. They'd make it work somehow.

Yeah that is true, from hearing what you've said about the fee though I don't see it. It's been made aware they want her a few years now and she's never even said herself in any interview etc about being interested. Should they get them both though either Blur or Arctics I'd imagine will do it for naff all....Arctics even more so probably.

39 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

yes, at night time, where he is the star attraction.

Yeah but anyone who is the headliner of a gig is the star attraction.

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

FM - Madonna - AM would be right up there in terms of headliner trio's, they'd have to be going well over the standard fee for the first two though.. surely

If it was that I'd secretly hope they got The Prodigy to do something being the big one even as like a tribute and be on Sunday night.

I don't entirely discount the idea of Elton being the legend. Kylie's set will be the biggest of the weekend this year, easily. If Emily is pitching the idea to him she can point to that and say, "look, you'll have the biggest crowd all weekend and be one of the most talked about acts during the buildup" AND he'd probably get paid the same as a headliner anyway. There are certainly ways you could appeal to his ego.

I don't think it's the most likely scenario, but it wouldn't shock me.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Why would they be desperate to have him do the legend slot when Reg headlining on his last hurrah would be a big thing in itself?

I dont think it would be them desperate to do the legend slot, but if they could get Fleetwood/Madge/Arctics and then Elton as the legend slot I think they would be pretty happy.