2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Your job isn't non-essential travel if it requires you to be there in person. In addition, it's very rare, or at least a heavy minority of acts that fly across the world and back for a one off gig.

No you're correct,they go on big long Europe/world wide tours, with all their equipment and all their entourage. I get your initial point, but it seems unnecessarily harsh on one person. I plan on going on holiday to Australia at some point, it may only be for a week as that will be what I can afford, I have no family elsewhere to visit in that time, it's no different to what the girl is doing, and I'll happily do it.

Just now, Jakeyboi135 said:

No you're correct,they go on big long Europe/world wide tours, with all their equipment and all their entourage. I get your initial point, but it seems unnecessarily harsh on one person. I plan on going on holiday to Australia at some point, it may only be for a week as that will be what I can afford, I have no family elsewhere to visit in that time, it's no different to what the girl is doing, and I'll happily do it.

Word to the wise, don't go to Australia for the week, mate.  You'll not get a fraction of the stuff you'd like to do done and you'll spend half the week turning your body clock over.  It sounds like it would be a once in a lifetime thing for you, so do yourself a favour, put it off for a year and save a bit more towards it.  Wow, we've gone off on a tangent in here.

46 minutes ago, Username taken said:

Word to the wise, don't go to Australia for the week, mate.  You'll not get a fraction of the stuff you'd like to do done and you'll spend half the week turning your body clock over.  It sounds like it would be a once in a lifetime thing for you, so do yourself a favour, put it off for a year and save a bit more towards it.  Wow, we've gone off on a tangent in here.

Exactly dude. When I lived in Oz I didn't even get to NZ as I only had a week and it would have been woefully inadequate without jet lag robbing me of 24-48h. Take all other arguments off the table and going to Oz for a week would be an awful idea. 

I love a tangent. 

Why no Macca next year?!

@Jakeyboi135 I wasn't being harsh, I was suggesting she made a proper trip of it and have subsequently stated I'm not trying to have a pop at an individual, just sometimes the forum mentality is to presume the worst and make smart remarks to emphasise their point, which we're probably most of guilty of from time to time. X

I know this won’t be a popular comment but given they seem to be getting bigger and bigger (currently on a world tour) and Glastonbury like to give people their “big break” could The 1975 be an option? 

I know they’re not hugely popular on here but they’re getting to the size where they could probably headline next year?

7 hours ago, ITK19889 said:

Realistic if I was a betting man ?....

Gaga

Artic Monkeys

Legend Sir Paul

If there was a God ??

Led Zepplin

Oasis

AC/DC https://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/ac-dc-reveal-that-they-are-absolutely-going-to-tour-with-brian-johnson/ ?????

Legend Sir Paul or D Ross

Probably a good thing you’re not a betting man.

17 hours ago, Superscally said:

Yup, but they could do other things they'd want to do and not do another trip in the future. Sod those downvotes, I just think it's against the festival's ethos. Ask Greenpeace if they think it's cool? 

Greenpeace fly all over the shop. One Greenpeace exec used to fly to work ?

42 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Log off the internet lads, it takes a lot of power to keep online.

I won't be logging of though, obviously. My reasons for using the internet are more noble than all of yours, you see.

I only log on to the internet to tell people to log off the internet.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mufcok said:

I'd still be willing to put a few quid on Arctic Monkeys, especially if new music surfaces early next year

Yeah I'm in the FM, Arctics and Blur with Elton as Legend atm.

Macca sounds a no go and I don't think they'll pay Madonna what she wants to play as FM aren't going to be a standard fee you'd not expect. If Madonna ever does it though there would be no point waiting now.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah I'm in the FM, Arctics and Blur with Elton as Legend atm.

Macca sounds a no go and I don't think they'll pay Madonna what she wants to play as FM aren't going to be a standard fee you'd not expect. If Madonna ever does it though there would be no point waiting now.

they're clearly trying to encourage Madge to do it at the mo, and if she showed interest the same year as another expensive act (F.Mac) then I can't see Glasto knocking her back. They'd make it work somehow.