2020 headliners

jj200

10 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Sorry to bring up 2020 in the midst of the build up for this year but I went to see Rocketman tonight and Elton has to play and he has to headline. He has a mountain load of a back catalogue, could easily be the legend but a headline spot to retire on would be the best send off for him. 

Doesn't he like/need very handsome fees? 

14 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Doesn't he like/need very handsome fees? 

Always. But he is retiring (eventually with the longest retirement tour) and would surely get more than enough £ for that, this film and his infamous John Lewis advert that he surely wouldn't need to command a big fee for a final swan song. 

The film is well worth a watch btw. 

• Upvote 1

Isn't Elton John nailed on for next year? Read on here that a 2020 headliner was sorted 2 years ago ( around the time Elton announced his farewell tour ).  Makes perfect sense all round, possibly final concert in the UK, closing the 50th anniversary of the biggest festival in the world, fantastic PR and a worldwide TV audience. Win for everyone

11 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

If Elton is really on his last tour then he could see Glastonbury as a chance to sell more albums after the hype of his movie has gone

Keep him in the media for another year , don't think fee will be a problem 

What's an extra few thousand albums to a guy that has sold hundreds of millions of albums? If he was to play, it's purely down to prestige.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What's an extra few thousand albums to a guy that has sold hundreds of millions of albums? If he was to play, it's purely down to prestige.

Well it would go some way to paying his £200k per month flower bill for a start!

But I do agree, the 3 year goodbye tour will make him all the money he needs, playing Glasto will be to tick the box. 

I'd have thought Elton would do it purely for the prestige and a swansong. I did read somewhere (although it was twitter so a pinch of salt) that he is having to pay a lot of money on injunctions for his husband and his alleged exploits so that could be a reason he is having one final big pay day and explain his extremely long farewell retirement. If true that could impact on the possible fee he could ask for from the Eavii 

38 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I'd have thought Elton would do it purely for the prestige and a swansong. I did read somewhere (although it was twitter so a pinch of salt) that he is having to pay a lot of money on injunctions for his husband and his alleged exploits so that could be a reason he is having one final big pay day and explain his extremely long farewell retirement. If true that could impact on the possible fee he could ask for from the Eavii 

Its a sad day when someone has to take out an injuction to stop the press revealing details of someones private life. Its no ones business where Elton John or his partner stick their sausage, as long as they are not breaking any laws.

The mainstream media in this country is a joke.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Its a sad day when someone has to take out an injuction to stop the press revealing details of someones private life. Its no ones business where Elton John or his partner stick their sausage, as long as they are not breaking any laws.

100% agree. 

Why should anyone have to use their money to keep the press out of their private lives. Murdoch et al have a lot to answer for. Scum. 

34 minutes ago, eastynh said:

He says while posting the information Elton would rather people weren't discussing to a public forum.

On 5/22/2019 at 12:13 AM, Doug85 said:

Always. But he is retiring (eventually with the longest retirement tour) and would surely get more than enough £ for that, this film and his infamous John Lewis advert that he surely wouldn't need to command a big fee for a final swan song. 

The film is well worth a watch btw. 

I read ages ago on the popbitch newsletter that they were trying to restructure his finances due to overspending or poor management. I hope that's been successful and that you're right ?

Sorry to bring up 2020 in the midst of the build up for this year but I just wanted to double check do we know the exact dates for 2020 yet? I've got a mate potentially coming over from Australia for it and she needs to book time off a year in advance so just wanted to make sure.

5 minutes ago, Livvy13 said:

Sorry to bring up 2020 in the midst of the build up for this year but I just wanted to double check do we know the exact dates for 2020 yet? I've got a mate potentially coming over from Australia for it and she needs to book time off a year in advance so just wanted to make sure.

I'm reasonably sure it's the first full weekend after the summer solstice. But you'll need to go back through all the dates to confirm that.

53 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Blur

Elton

1975 - god please no

Blur - always a safe booking but depends if they're all playing together again and not busy with side projects/cheese farms.

Elton - fingers crossed, the macca thing is just worrying me with this one. ME almost confirming macca on local news, or is macca the legend and elton headlining??

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

If we could switch the 1975 with the Arctic Monkeys, I'd be happy with that ?

Still no female headliners though....more difficult to see who might fit in that respect as Madonna is £££

Think many people, myself included, would love to see the 1975 swapped with the arctics. However, think it'd be more likely that it would be someone else who's never headlined before like Foals. Never understood this need for more female headliners,  we need to the most exciting live acts around whether they're male or female. :)

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Blur

Elton

Saw 1975's set on Radio 1 Big weekend on iPlayer. have to say I think they'd do an amazing job of it. I was gobsmacked how many of their songs I knew and how much effort their lead singer puts in. Made Vampire Weekend look like total amateurs.

1 minute ago, bombfrog said:

Saw 1975's set on Radio 1 Big weekend on iPlayer. have to say I think they'd do an amazing job of it. I was gobsmacked how many of their songs I knew and how much effort their lead singer puts in. Made Vampire Weekend look like total amateurs.

Big shiny lights and a bloke who jumps about a lot all to distract from the fact that the tunes aren't actually very good. My opinion of course and im sure the arenas they've sold out and the balance of their bank accounts say otherwise.

15 minutes ago, jow95 said:

we need to the most exciting live acts around

16 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Think many people, myself included, would love to see the 1975 swapped with the arctics

The irony.