2020 headliners

jj200

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Although it leant itself to his touring schedule, I always thought it seemed odd that he was seemingly lined up for this year and not the big one next year. I mean, how d’you top a Beatle?

Him and Elton topping the bill the same year might be a bit odd though. Wonder if Elton would be willing to do the Sunday legend slot after all.

But it's pretty much accepted that Glastonbury were going for him pretty heavily this year, isn't it? So they were planning on following on from a Beatle. I don't think they've intentionally screwed this year. Tbh I think that clip from BBC Somerset just outlines that they still want him - whether they actually get him will probably go on until January or so.

I don't see why him and Elton both headlining the same year would be odd; it'd be even odder to imagine them going back to Elton and going "we've got Paul now so can you play earlier on the same day?" and him being all up for it. I did find it interesting yesterday that Elton wasn't actually booked up on Sunday this year and could've played after all, but not sure anyone else did.

On 3/20/2019 at 10:24 AM, Doug85 said:

Friday: The 1975  (as horrific as that sounds to me) or Arctics.

Saturday: Elton John

Sunday: Macca

Cant't rule out Coldplay being in the mix somewhere as I'm sure Chris Martin would give Nile Rodgers a good run for his money in turning up anywhere

I'm still in with a shout here too. I'll be pleased with Macca though as I was gutted he was out of the running for this year.

10 hours ago, Olshansky said:

Friday: Elton

Saturday:  Depeche Mode

Sunday: Macca 

Legend: Stevie Nicks

I'd hope for a bigger act for the Legend slot than Stevie Nicks....It would have too much of they just got Stevie as FM didn't want to as a whole. I think Gaga is up there as a choice, The Carter's maybe but doesn't fit right to me....Jay Z on the huge year after last time I don't see and nor Beyonce, that one I think will be she's done it and that's that...money will be too much from others. I also don't see FATM getting it or The 197t for that matter...their time will come on the next album imo, not like they won't be carrying the momentum forward.

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I'd hope for a bigger act for the Legend slot than Stevie Nicks....It would have too much of they just got Stevie as FM didn't want to as a whole. I think Gaga is up there as a choice, The Carter's maybe but doesn't fit right to me....Jay Z on the huge year after last time I don't see and nor Beyonce, that one I think will be she's done it and that's that...money will be too much from others. I also don't see FATM getting it or The 197t for that matter...their time will come on the next album imo, not like they won't be carrying the momentum forward.

The 1975 are realsing a new ablum this year.

• Upvote 1

Starting to think that the Spice Girls will be the 2020 Sunday Heritage act.  

I think it it's absolutely bonkers that Elton wouldn't be a part of the 50 years celebration.  Remember in 2010 at the 40 year, there were plenty of acts subbing that would normally be capable of headlining.  I could see someone like Arctic Monkeys or Coldplay subbing someone like Macca or Elton just because.  I'm not a fan of either personally but I surely Chris Martin isn't precious about needing to be the headliner, i imagine he just wants to be there

6 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

Starting to think that the Spice Girls will be the 2020 Sunday Heritage act.  

I think it it's absolutely bonkers that Elton wouldn't be a part of the 50 years celebration.  Remember in 2010 at the 40 year, there were plenty of acts subbing that would normally be capable of headlining.  I could see someone like Arctic Monkeys or Coldplay subbing someone like Macca or Elton just because.  I'm not a fan of either personally but I surely Chris Martin isn't precious about needing to be the headliner, i imagine he just wants to be there

Really? like who? I remember Emily saying exactly that line to us in the build-up to 2010 announcement, but once we looked at the lineup there weren't any "oh, they should be headlining, but obviously just happy to make it on the 40th" acts... Faithless, Scissor Sisters (?!?!) and Dizzee... Flaming Lips, Pet Shop Boys and Orbital on the Other? 

5 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

Really? like who? I remember Emily saying exactly that line to us in the build-up to 2010 announcement, but once we looked at the lineup there weren't any "oh, they should be headlining, but obviously just happy to make it on the 40th" acts... Faithless, Scissor Sisters (?!?!) and Dizzee... Flaming Lips, Pet Shop Boys and Orbital on the Other? 

ehhh maybe you're right.  (just checked the lineup). I think I'm remember more what Emily said vs what actually happened haha.  

Having watched Gambino headline Coachella last night and him retiring soon I think he’ll be doing Glastonbury or Reading next year as a final UK show. With that in mind my prediction for Glastonbury next year is 

The 1975 (depending on how Reading goes, i’m expecting it to be a huge success so i think they’ll be Glastonbury next year)

Childish Gambino

Paul Mccartney

2 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

Having watched Gambino headline Coachella last night and him retiring soon I think he’ll be doing Glastonbury or Reading next year as a final UK show. With that in mind my prediction for Glastonbury next year is 

The 1975 (depending on how Reading goes, i’m expecting it to be a huge success so i think they’ll be Glastonbury next year)

Childish Gambino

Paul Mccartney

No chance of Gambino headlining Glastonbury next year.