Noel and Fat Boy Slim

Festychick75

35 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

It was just a joke so I’m sorry if I offended you in any way. 

Just in case anyone else reads your message and thinks anything of me - I’ve been a gold member of this forum only since October, and I’ve even donated money to the site outside of paying my gold membership. I’ve never ever set up any other account under any other username and I don’t know/ am not part of the clique of people who did. And I swear this is the truth. I’d hate to think anyone would think otherwise.

?

I don't think anyone would ?

48 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Just in case anyone else reads your message and thinks anything of me - I’ve been a gold member of this forum only since October, and I’ve even donated money to the site outside of paying my gold membership. I’ve never ever set up any other account under any other username and I don’t know/ am not part of the clique of people who did. And I swear this is the truth. I’d hate to think anyone would think otherwise.

?

I thought it was a bit harsh and you were clearly only joshing :)

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Get back to your troll farm with the other sad w*nkers. :rolleyes: 

I'm sorry, but this is bang out of order. Phoenix Girl isn't one of those who have been trolling site, as you know I know the ones who did from previous private messages we've exchanged. You've just insulted someone who uses their hard earned cash to help keep this site running because they called you out on something you got incorrect, as a joke. Not only that, but you haven't had the nous to apologise which is incredibly poor on your part.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

I'm sorry, but this is bang out of order. Phoenix Girl isn't one of those who have been trolling site, as you know I know the ones who did from previous private messages we've exchanged. You've just insulted someone who uses their hard earned cash to help keep this site running because they called you out on something you got incorrect, as a joke. Not only that, but you haven't had the nous to apologise which is incredibly poor on your part.

says one of the trolls who's never apologised, but did try claiming their non-involvement. :rolleyes: 

2 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

?

I'm sure Neil meant it as a joke, unfortunately even with the inclusion of emojis, humour doesn't translate. I should know, I'm unfunny as fuck.

Just now, The Placid Casual said:

Nice of you to offer him the chance to backtrack.

As surly as Neil can come across sometimes, I'm pretty sure he meant for his statement to be taken in jest. You just gotta be careful what you say cos sometimes how you write something might not be how it's read. Let's all just play nicely, the vast majority of us are here for the same reason

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

As surly as Neil can come across sometimes, I'm pretty sure he meant for his statement to be taken in jest. You just gotta be careful what you say cos sometimes how you write something might not be how it's read. Let's all just play nicely, the vast majority of us are here for the same reason

I know this might get me in trouble with @eFestivals, but I blame you for using that word.  Can we make this outfit 2019's Corbyn t-shirt for the meet Neil? :lol:

926764-surly.jpg

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It definitely wasn't, I'm sorry. It doesn't sit right with me that he's allowed to say what he wants to other (paying) members on this forum without consequence.

Just now, The Placid Casual said:

It definitely wasn't, I'm sorry. It doesn't sit right with me that he's allowed to say what he wants to other (paying) members on this forum without consequence.

You're more than entitled to your opinion and I can see how why you'd think it, I just like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I'd be very disappointed if you were right

4 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

and it doesn't sit right with me that some are allowed to conspire with other w*nkers in private facebook groups without consequence to spoil the enjoyment of people here.

But hey, you got off consequence-free, at my personal expense.

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

and it doesn't sit right with me that some are allowed to conspire with other w*nkers in private facebook groups without consequence to spoil the enjoyment of people here.

But hey, you got off consequence-free.

Were you joking in your initial comment and are you going to apologise though?

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

that's an interpretation, which made it different to what it literally* said.

(*and that's 'literally' being used literally, for once :P )

It's true that it's an interpretation, and the original message wasn't as clear as it could have been. However, you can't always take part of a quote and be certain it works in isolation and doing that ultimately made that piece of info incorrect (a deliberate tactic used for click-bait journalism of course). Phoenix Girl's joke was alluding to the fact there was more to it than just reading a small bit and taking it literally ('clever people') and she certainly didn't deserve to get insulted like that in response, especially as it seems very unlikely she has been trolling the site (if that's what you're referring to, I'm assuming for the reaction of others that it was). You're now doubling-down to the extent that you're insulting a user for even joking about you getting it wrong, despite the info we have (Noel G dates and omission from poster) suggesting that it did in fact mean 2020. I'm sure we all appreciate the info you get for us, there's nothing wrong with admitting you got this one wrong. 

Just now, eFestivals said:

But hey, you got off consequence-free.

I stopped doing that a while ago. I wasn't taking part when it 'peaked', so to speak, and despite what others may believe, it wasn't my intention to spoil the enjoyment for others on here. I was never actually abusive to anyone on here in all that time as well. There is no way I got off consequence free either, I don't get taken seriously by a lot of regular posters on here nowadays as a result of what went on then which is fair enough and I even said to you that I would accept a ban for it as I broke forum rules.

Holy shitballs another fucking thread going to the dogs.

Don't know what's going on at the moment, but I've abandoned one of my other preferred websites since the comments and community turned on each other like rats in a trap and the whole thing went toxic.  As an impassioned plea to all, please don't let this place go the same way :(

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Don't know what's going on at the moment, but I've abandoned one of my other preferred websites since the comments and community turned on each other like rats in a trap and the whole thing went toxic.  As an impassioned plea to all, please don't let this place go the same way :(

Sorry mate.

Hopefully the last dozen or so posts in this thread can be deleted and you can continue to enjoy the forum.

Just now, Quark said:

the whole thing went toxic.  As an impassioned plea to all, please don't let this place go the same way :(

too late. There's a clique of people posting here only for trolling, have been for a while. And they have some lovely things to say about everyone else, not.  And apparently it's wrong to call out those who are inducted into it. 

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Totally agree. I came off Twitter cos of it's uncontrollable toxicity. Apart from Instagram (with content I can control) eFests is the only social media I participate in. Friday was difficult enough with all the negativity surrounding it. Can we just address what needs to happen here and move the fuck on?

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Totally agree. I came off Twitter cos of it's uncontrollable toxicity. Apart from Instagram (with content I can control) eFests is the only social media I participate in. Friday was difficult enough with all the negativity surrounding it. Can we just address what needs to happen here and move the fuck on?

If he just apologised for his initial comment there'd be no issue?