Noel and Fat Boy Slim

Festychick75

11 minutes ago, Festychick75 said:

I thought these 2 were pretty much dead certs? Any chance they’ll still pop up or have I missed something to rule them out?

Fatboy is only playing 7 times this year.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Festychick75 said:

Why was he down as a strong rumour for this year then? 

The wording of the info that was received about him, taken out of context, could have suggested he was playing in 2019 so that's what resulted in the 'strong rumour' label. But the reality, when read alongside the rest of the paragraph, was that it was referring to 2020.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Uh?? :blink:

There was no taking out of context. It literally said that he'd be playing this year.

It said 'Noel is playing next year', and if those words were in isolation (given the timing of the message was late 2018), I would've thought the same thing. It's the context of the whole message that suggested it was 2020. The writer was considering 2019 to be 'this year' and 2020 'next year', rather than just literally calendar years. Think of it like football seasons, if you like. The style of the message drew a contrast between Stormzy, Liam etc and Noel who had a separate contrasting sentence at the end. Ultimately though, the proof's in the pudding, he's not going to get added to this line-up.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Get back to your troll farm with the other sad w*nkers. :rolleyes: 

It was just a joke so I’m sorry if I offended you in any way. 

Just in case anyone else reads your message and thinks anything of me - I’ve been a gold member of this forum only since October, and I’ve even donated money to the site outside of paying my gold membership. I’ve never ever set up any other account under any other username and I don’t know/ am not part of the clique of people who did. And I swear this is the truth. I’d hate to think anyone would think otherwise.

?

• Upvote 7

18 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

It was just a joke so I’m sorry if I offended you in any way. 

Just in case anyone else reads your message and thinks anything of me - I’ve been a gold member of this forum only since October, and I’ve even donated money to the site outside of paying my gold membership. I’ve never ever set up any other account under any other username and I don’t know/ am not part of the clique of people who did. And I swear this is the truth. I’d hate to think anyone would think otherwise.

?

I read that - given his smiley emojii - as Neil responding in the same vein as your jokey comment.