Worthy View - essentials to pack?

JohnnyMilb

12 minutes ago, JohnnyMilb said:

First time doing the festival in Worthy View  - previously taken a campervan or caravan

What are people's recommendations -  for shopping / packing

Power?

Beds?

Keeping beers cool?

etc

I take a big coolermaster ice box rammed with drink and ice.... keeps drinks cold until the saturday. There are food stalls and that on site. Toilets are good and showers are hot. 

You only need the essentials...

1. Bed
  2. Pillow
  3. Chair
  4. Sleeping bag
  5. Food 
  6. Throw away BBQs
  7. Beer
  8. Toilet Roll
  9. Towel
  10. Comfort Bottle :D 
Edited by Havors

An extra little bit of ground sheet for the bit outside the inner tent if it’s a two man scout tent. 

Pimp the tent with a flag or solar lights so you can spot it.  

Bit of a luxury but a camping chair and a china plate is nice to sit outside on a  sunny morning, shame to try an eat the duck egg omelette from a plastic plate whilst sitting on a dried cow turd. ?

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Fuckssake people are fucking lazy. Oh well, after Brexit we'll be so poor people can blow up their own or sleep on the deck. 

Not lazy trying to blow up a double air bed at my age when u can pay 3 quid to save the time . Anyway it's my 3 quid isn't it 

9 hours ago, crocodiles said:

Not lazy trying to blow up a double air bed at my age when u can pay 3 quid to save the time . Anyway it's my 3 quid isn't it 

Use a foot pump, put the killers singing human on your head phones, and pump in sync with the beat. The bed will be inflated before the end of the track and you will be buzzing for saturdays headliner as well as saving three quid. 

If you are buying a new bed get a self inflating mattress i find them much comfier then air beds and you dont need to worry about inflating it. 
We used a Vango comfort 10 double its very bulky but thats not really an issue if you are driving and parking in WV car park . (its comfier then some beds i have slept on)
+1 for power banks in particular Anker Powercore 20100 mah  regularly can be got for around 27gbp (use camelcamelcamel to set a price alert on amazon) depending on your phone you should easily get 4-5 charges (probably more) out out one we have 3 and they are better then any other power bank i have owned 

11 hours ago, angelin said:

Is there room outside all the tents?  Does anyone know if theres much room in the fourman scout tents for ruck sacks?

Stayed in the 4 man bell tents last time and there isnt much room between the tents to be honest... can be a tight squeeze if everyone is sitting outside. The 4 man bell tents were plenty big enough... but we only had 3 to a tent. loads of room for stuff. Not sure about 4 man scouts.

We have 6 man scout and couple of 2 mans this year. There seems to be much more room outside the 6 man tents. 

Hi guys,

We’re staying in the pre erected tents at worthy view and just wanted to get some advice on a few things ;

1. Are you allowed gas cookers / disposable bbqs?

2. Is there a place you can go on the worthy view site for a fry up at worthy view?

3. Is the car park closeby and if so do people store drink/food etc and then go back or do people just cart everything to the tent?

Thank you ☺️

1 hour ago, Lloydyg11 said:

Hi guys,

We’re staying in the pre erected tents at worthy view and just wanted to get some advice on a few things ;

2. Is there a place you can go on the worthy view site for a fry up at worthy view?

3. Is the car park closeby and if so do people store drink/food etc and then go back or do people just cart everything to the tent?

Thank you ☺️

in short the answer is yes to all those I believe :) 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lloydyg11 said:

Hi guys,

Thank you ☺️

Yes, the information e mail you get in May is comprehensive and answers all obvious questions. 

7 hours ago, Lloydyg11 said:

Hi guys,

Thank you ☺️

On point 3 technically you are meant to bring all your alcohol in with you when you first arrive. However I don’t think this is enforced.

From the 2017 WV useful info email:

“You are allowed to bring your own alcohol to Glastonbury Festival, but we only allow a reasonable quantity for personal consumption (no more than you can carry in your hands on your first arrival to the campsite). Please do remember glass bottles are not permitted, any glass will be confiscated.”