Worthy View - essentials to pack?

JohnnyMilb

1 hour ago, Azz1980 said:

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows about bringing drinks into the actual glasto site from worthy view site. I heard that everywhere in the glasto site, you’re free to carry your own booze around with you but when it comes to worthy view, they check your bags each time. I hope this isn’t true.

They do check your bags, but booze is no problem as long as it's not in glass bottles. It's the same policy as normal pedestrian gates.

12 minutes ago, Smash1984 said:

This year there is going to be a co-op shop in the main site and they have stated they will be selling ice, although depending on where this is based and how hot it is you may not get it back in time before it melts. I would recommend getting/bringing a decent coolbox with you to keep in the tent/porch

Yeah I'm going to bring a cool box but wanted to know if i could change the ice etc

2 minutes ago, tskerrett said:

Yeah I'm going to bring a cool box but wanted to know if i could change the ice etc

Depending how much space you have, I freeze two bottles of water to put in our coolbox. With the exception of 2017 they usually last until the Sat/Sun.

25 minutes ago, tskerrett said:

I think the Co-Op will be in The Park area, not a massive distance but there is the prospect of multiple trips up and down Pennard hill and *those* steps to WV! 

Might pick some ice up last thing before we go in wednesday early morning then hopfully wont need to top up for a few days and ill make the trip to this co-op.

Was flirting with the idea of bringing one of those coolbox/backpacks to walk round with, can't imagine they're much good but could be worth it. 

1 hour ago, tskerrett said:

Might pick some ice up last thing before we go in wednesday early morning then hopfully wont need to top up for a few days and ill make the trip to this co-op.

Was flirting with the idea of bringing one of those coolbox/backpacks to walk round with, can't imagine they're much good but could be worth it. 

We have a military operation with ice. I currently have a couple of big water packs in deep freeze for a few weeks - has to be pre-boiled water to remove the impurities. Mate has a several more.

When we get to WV these are then all transferred into plastic storage boxes that contain both ice and beer, encased in foil.

Then take beer out to the festival each day in backpacks.

Still have cold beers on the Sunday.

Thanks all for clarifying about the drinks going in and out of worthy.

One other thing I was curious about is that so do we just head to the worthy view carpark on the day of arrival, park our cars and then walk down to one of the main gates to get into the festival? Anyone know how that whole process works?

23 minutes ago, Azz1980 said:

Thanks all for clarifying about the drinks going in and out of worthy.

One other thing I was curious about is that so do we just head to the worthy view carpark on the day of arrival, park our cars and then walk down to one of the main gates to get into the festival? Anyone know how that whole process works?

I think you get into WV and get WV specific wristband then you leave the WV gate go down the hill and get checked as you go through the festival gate.

No you get just one Glasto wristband at WV on arrival that's a different colour to the normal on site campers.    That's how security tell if you're a WV-er.  

They used to do two wristbands back in the early days but not now.  

2 minutes ago, Bags73 said:

No you get just one Glasto wristband at WV on arrival that's a different colour to the normal on site campers.    That's how security tell if you're a WV-er.  

They used to do two wristbands back in the early days but not now.  

That's what I meant it's a specific WV wristband but i wasn't clear.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Vanderlyle said:

Does anyone know any of the equivalent details for Tangerine Fields? Never done it before...

The people we spoke to who stayed at TF said that had two wrist bands and apart from that sounded similar to WV.

9 minutes ago, Vanderlyle said:

Does anyone know any of the equivalent details for Tangerine Fields? Never done it before...

TF is different in that it isn't associated with the festival. You'll get into TF easy enough but then coming back into site you'll be queing at PGB to get in although you should be able to slide in pretty easy from there.

Most questions have been covered here: 

Edited by Smash1984

On 6/10/2019 at 9:38 AM, tombertb said:

Is anyone looking for an 8 man tent by any chance?

We booked 2 in the hope we would get friends tickets in the resale which we didn't and then the person responsible for the WV booking didn't cancel the 2nd tent!

So if you're looking for space, please let me know!

Thanks.

Tom.

Hi, sorry I never post on here so don’t know if this is how to reply! My friends and I would be interested. There’s 6 of us and currently split across a couple of tents and don’t want to be miles apart from each other. Can you dm on here? 

On 6/11/2019 at 11:10 AM, tskerrett said:

Read through the WV info e-mail earlier, says that the shop in WV will sell ice so that will save a trip down to the coop. Can't say I've noticed it being sold before but will take advantage of it this year