Worthy View - essentials to pack?

JohnnyMilb

33 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Might have been said earlier, but take eye shades. Essential if you want to sleep in longer than 5AM.

Yes, the orange scout tent that we stayed in allowed the early morning light to flood in, so much so that my half asleep missus told me to switch off the bloody light. 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, the orange scout tent that we stayed in allowed the early morning light to flood in, so much so that my half asleep missus told me to switch off the bloody light. 

We've had green tents both times just hope we aren't on the very back row like last time that's s hell of a walk at end of the night 

11 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

? We were in a 4 man purple tent the first year, which was fine. Next year was an 8 man yellow tent - it was like sleeping in sunlight! White bell tents similar. But what’s great is that being canvas they’re all cooler than normal tents, which are like ovens from 8am. So with eye shades you can get a decent kip and a lie in ?

Is anyone looking for an 8 man tent by any chance?

We booked 2 in the hope we would get friends tickets in the resale which we didn't and then the person responsible for the WV booking didn't cancel the 2nd tent!

So if you're looking for space, please let me know!

Thanks.

Tom.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, crocodiles said:

We've had green tents both times just hope we aren't on the very back row like last time that's s hell of a walk at end of the night 

We were placed there last time too! Think it was a half-mile walk e/w to the showers. Really hoping we're closer to the bottom of the hill this time, got lucky the first few years I guess as we were right opposite the coffee van. 

15 minutes ago, tombertb said:

Is anyone looking for an 8 man tent by any chance?

We booked 2 in the hope we would get friends tickets in the resale which we didn't and then the person responsible for the WV booking didn't cancel the 2nd tent!

So if you're looking for space, please let me know!

Thanks.

Tom.

Try the Worthy View Facebook group too. 

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows about bringing drinks into the actual glasto site from worthy view site. I heard that everywhere in the glasto site, you’re free to carry your own booze around with you but when it comes to worthy view, they check your bags each time. I hope this isn’t true.

1 hour ago, Airlie said:

You do get searched on the way into the main site but they don't take any drinks off you, as you say you are allowed to take your own.  They would probably take it off you if it was glass though! 

The searches are random but you are free to take your own drink into the main site and the same in WV. No glass though which counts for both WV and the main site.

1 hour ago, Azz1980 said:

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows about bringing drinks into the actual glasto site from worthy view site. I heard that everywhere in the glasto site, you’re free to carry your own booze around with you but when it comes to worthy view, they check your bags each time. I hope this isn’t true.

They do check bags but you're allowed to bring your drinks with you :) 

4 minutes ago, tskerrett said:

Does any where sell ice packs of any sort there? So i could top up daily say. 

This year there is going to be a co-op shop in the main site and they have stated they will be selling ice, although depending on where this is based and how hot it is you may not get it back in time before it melts. I would recommend getting/bringing a decent coolbox with you to keep in the tent/porch