Worthy View - essentials to pack?

JohnnyMilb

On 3/18/2019 at 9:46 PM, angelin said:

Is there room outside all the tents?  Does anyone know if theres much room in the fourman scout tents for ruck sacks?

How many people in your 4 man? If 4, no - it’s sardines (made that mistake in 2024). If 2 or 3, then yes.

On 3/24/2019 at 11:34 AM, Lloydyg11 said:

Hi guys,

We’re staying in the pre erected tents at worthy view and just wanted to get some advice on a few things ;

1. Are you allowed gas cookers / disposable bbqs?

2. Is there a place you can go on the worthy view site for a fry up at worthy view?

3. Is the car park closeby and if so do people store drink/food etc and then go back or do people just cart everything to the tent?

Thank you ☺️

1) Yes - but avoid the disposables if you’re environmentally conscious.

2) Yes but not cheap.

3) You’re never more than 10 mins walk from your car. We leave a lot of stuff in the boot, then just go back as needed. This is the ONLY reason we stay at WV.

x

On 4/5/2019 at 9:30 PM, Lloydyg11 said:

Hi guys, How far is the walk to the main site?

My friends who aren’t staying at worthy view are saying it’s miles away, is this the case ?

if you could give me some examples of how far it is to certain places this would be appreciated  

It’s about 5-15 mins from WV to Pennard Gate entrance, all down hill. From the gate, Strummerville is 2 mins, Stone Circle 5 mins (if that), Greenfields 10 mins. John Peel and Acoustic stages (furthest away) 30-40 mins,  but could be upwards of an hour depending on crowds/weather. Hope that helps. 

On 4/29/2019 at 9:27 PM, Ddogg88 said:

What’s the security like at worthy view? Reading some twitter posts it suggests it’s a nightmare. Is this the case? Do they search all your luggage for drugs? Will you get searched everytime going in and out of the camp?

Thank you

Tighter in 2017 than previous years, understandably. Checked every time at Pennard Hill Gate on the way in, but not ok way back up to WV. They do check your wristband at WV entrance too, both ways.

14 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

How many people in your 4 man? If 4, no - it’s sardines (made that mistake in 2024). If 2 or 3, then yes.

Oh god. We're 4 people staying in a 4 person scout tent and I naively thought there'd be a fair bit of room! Might have to re-think packing strategy, leave some stuff at the car and do a swap mid-way through. 

Is there room outside the tents for sitting in chairs? 

57 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

It’s about 5-15 mins from WV to Pennard Gate entrance, all down hill. From the gate, Strummerville is 2 mins, Stone Circle 5 mins (if that), Greenfields 10 mins. John Peel and Acoustic stages (furthest away) 30-40 mins,  but could be upwards of an hour depending on crowds/weather. Hope that helps. 

Correct! For me WV placement is perfect. 

52 minutes ago, Ruth1980 said:

Oh god. We're 4 people staying in a 4 person scout tent and I naively thought there'd be a fair bit of room! Might have to re-think packing strategy, leave some stuff at the car and do a swap mid-way through. 

Will be snug with 4 in a 4 man. All the tents are bigger than your average tents from the shops as they are custom made. If you tried to get 4 people in a 4 man you bought from a shop you would be sardines! At WV it will be snug but not ridiculous. 4 people in a 4 man bell tent is comfortable... the scouts are smaller and dont have standing height so bare that in mind. 

We have a 6 man scout for 4 people this year and a 2 man bell for 2. We always always go a person or two more than you need. 

And as for sitting outside yeah theres room... some areas more than others. When we stayed in the 4 man bell tents there was room outside but if 4 people from each tent sat outside would have been sitting on top of each other.... 

This pic will give you an idea of the space....

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, grass, child, outdoor and nature

29 minutes ago, Havors said:

Will be snug with 4 in a 4 man. All the tents are bigger than your average tents from the shops as they are custom made. If you tried to get 4 people in a 4 man you bought from a shop you would be sardines! At WV it will be snug but not ridiculous. 4 people in a 4 man bell tent is comfortable... the scouts are smaller and dont have standing height so bare that in mind. 

We have a 6 man scout for 4 people this year and a 2 man bell for 2. We always always go a person or two more than you need. 

And as for sitting outside yeah theres room... some areas more than others. When we stayed in the 4 man bell tents there was room outside but if 4 people from each tent sat outside would have been sitting on top of each other.... 

This pic will give you an idea of the space....

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, grass, child, outdoor and nature

That's really helpful thank you. Looks like decent space outside!

Our usual tent is a 4 person for 2 people but I think we panicked when we got through in the WV sale, thought about cost and thought 'it'll be reet' when it fact it'll be tight! I've emailed Seetickets to see if there's any chance of an upgrade to a 6 person one so will see what they say. 

5 minutes ago, Ruth1980 said:

That's really helpful thank you. Looks like decent space outside!

Our usual tent is a 4 person for 2 people but I think we panicked when we got through in the WV sale, thought about cost and thought 'it'll be reet' when it fact it'll be tight! I've emailed Seetickets to see if there's any chance of an upgrade to a 6 person one so will see what they say. 

Yeah worth a try like... I have a feeling they may be able to help. People will cancel right up until the festival. Come find us anyway loads of room haha 

7 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

4 people in a 4-man is fine as long as you keep your bags and stuff in the outside bit. if you have a car, the carpark is so close that you should be able to keep things that you don't need out there.

Thank you. That's what I think we'll have to do, leave some clothes and stuff at the car. We're also going to swap airbeds for self-inflating mattresses as that should save some space

42 minutes ago, Ruth1980 said:

Thank you. That's what I think we'll have to do, leave some clothes and stuff at the car. We're also going to swap airbeds for self-inflating mattresses as that should save some space

ooooo taking a chance on sleep quality there haha.... saying that i think my average was about 3 hours sleep each night and none the first night... so screw it ha

22 minutes ago, Boris said:

What? Really? The Worthy View bar doesn't have draught beer, just cans?!

Sure it was that in 2016. Only ever used the bar in the early hours of the morning after returning from the main site but that’s my hazy recollection after a fair few drinks elsewhere. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

T

44 minutes ago, Havors said:

ooooo taking a chance on sleep quality there haha.... saying that i think my average was about 3 hours sleep each night and none the first night... so screw it ha

Taking a massive gamble on sleep quality! Ah well, plenty of time to sleep afterwards. I reckon there'll be *a lot* of cider consumed this year

2 minutes ago, Ruth1980 said:

T

Taking a massive gamble on sleep quality! Ah well, plenty of time to sleep afterwards. I reckon there'll be *a lot* of cider consumed this year

Sleep when your dead! im taking it easier this year... im only taking 20 dark fruit, 20 thatchers haze and 20 fosters... oh and Glayva ha?

5 hours ago, Ruth1980 said:

Yes, plenty of room outside for chairs. When we had 4 in the 4-man, there was no room at all between sleeping mats/air beds laid side by side. We had to crawl in and out from the bottom of the beds. OK when you were actually in bed. Some space  (maybe 1m) at bottom of the beds for clothes etc and you do have a porch area (bring a ground sheet) which is fairly spacious. But it was sardines. We managed ok, just got dressed at different times. But the following year we booked an 8 man for 4 (much better), then switched to an old style bell tent....acres of space. This year, there are 6 in our WV group and we have 3 x 2 man tents (the 2 man are quite spacious for 2 people).

3 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

4 people in a 4-man is fine as long as you keep your bags and stuff in the outside bit. if you have a car, the carpark is so close that you should be able to keep things that you don't need out there.

I'd say it's 'manageable' rather than fine TBH, having done it. But really good advice about keeping gear you don't really need in the car ?

• 3 weeks later...