Worthy View - essentials to pack?

JohnnyMilb

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Lloydyg11 said:

Hi guys, How far is the walk to the main site?

My friends who aren’t staying at worthy view are saying it’s miles away, is this the case ?

if you could give me some examples of how far it is to certain places this would be appreciated  

A sedate amble down the hill to strumerville and the stone circle/sacred space. 

Biggest advantage of WV is how close your car is (if you’re driving). So can take extra food/drink and clothes and just leave in car if not needed. Makes planning much easier. 

Queues for hot drinks in the morning can be very long so would recommend a stove to heat water (and cook breakfast!) And chairs / inflatables to chill outside tent ️ 

Edited by kevbizarre

11 hours ago, Lloydyg11 said:

Hi guys, How far is the walk to the main site?

My friends who aren’t staying at worthy view are saying it’s miles away, is this the case ?

if you could give me some examples of how far it is to certain places this would be appreciated  

10 minute walk to the Stone Circle......I guess you can work out the rest from there

1 hour ago, not worthy said:

10 minute walk to the Stone Circle......I guess you can work out the rest from there

Depends where your allocated tent is 2016 we were quite near the bar area entrance .2017 we were  as far back as you could get so add 10 minutes on . 

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Ddogg88 said:

What’s the security like at worthy view? Reading some twitter posts it suggests it’s a nightmare. Is this the case? Do they search all your luggage for drugs? Will you get searched everytime going in and out of the camp?

Thank you

Security is decent. I was last there in 2016 and there was a quick luggage search on the way in. It’s actually quiet compared with even the more sedate camping fields. Wasn’t searched after that, just a check that you have the WV wristband. Everything will be explained in the e mail you get with your tent number. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Security is decent. I was last there in 2016 and there was a quick luggage search on the way in. It’s actually quiet compared with even the more sedate camping fields. Wasn’t searched after that, just a check that you have the WV wristband. Everything will be explained in the e mail you get with your tent number. 

Agree with this both times we've been searched when first arrived but only a cursory search . After that wristband checked on way into main site and way back to wv of a night . 

37 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It's the future....well lit as well which is great for the half blind n half drunk

1 hour ago, Ddogg88 said:

What’s the security like at worthy view? Reading some twitter posts it suggests it’s a nightmare. Is this the case? Do they search all your luggage for drugs? Will you get searched everytime going in and out of the camp?

Thank you

Security was really tight In 2017 as it should be. 

Edited by marathonsteve

11 hours ago, Ddogg88 said:

Thank you

On the Friday morning it was a nightmare and the queues to get into the site were massive - went right up to the top of the hill. But i think they quickly realised it was impossible to search everyone's bag as they went into the site so relaxed this considerably.

They were still doing bag searches, and randomly more comprehensive searches (I had one of these, just meant properly checking your waist band and footwear for anything extra-curricular) but you would be unlucky to get one of those. I'd say if you do have anything you want to, er, take in then put in down your pants while you walk though the gate......

1 hour ago, briddj said:

On the Friday morning it was a nightmare and the queues to get into the site were massive - went right up to the top of the hill. But i think they quickly realised it was impossible to search everyone's bag as they went into the site so relaxed this considerably.

They were still doing bag searches, and randomly more comprehensive searches (I had one of these, just meant properly checking your waist band and footwear for anything extra-curricular) but you would be unlucky to get one of those. I'd say if you do have anything you want to, er, take in then put in down your pants while you walk though the gate......

Yeah this was stupid and quickly resolved after a few complaints. Everyone was properly searched entering WV just like the main site and then they were doing the same thing when going into the main site when you're stuff has already been searched. Lik mentioned above, this was quickly sorted and by late Friday/Sat morning you could go straight in and out with the usual wrist band check.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Lloydyg11 said:

If I have friends who are getting the bus up-to Glastonbury and staying in the main part... Would I be to take items for them and they can collect from the worthy view car park as we’re staying in WV? 

Thankyou

Don’t think so, you would have to take the stuff down the hill to the main site through the gate and have them collect it from there. You park the car then pass into the WV site. There is no direct route from the WV car park to the main site.