Clashes 2019

kalifire

10 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I'm dreading C&TQ being a headliner on a stage as one of my must sees but if they play on Sunday and headline then that's worst case scenario for me. Hoping for an early evening spot. 

Personally I don't think she'll headline, but that's based on nothing really just that I see her either subbing the Other or playing lower down the Pyramid.

5 hours ago, DefLeppard said:

Obviously everyone likes to do the festival differently so not a criticism or anything but have you considered just both going to the separate things you want to see and meeting up afterwards? It's nice coming back together and telling each other about the sets you've just seen and some of the best headline sets I've seen have been alone.

We're in a massive group of about 30, and I'm not sure if anyone else will be keen on The Killers, vast majority will be at Hot Chip I imagine. 

I don't mind seeing a band on my own and have done it loads at Glastonbury, but the more I think about it the more I think I actually prefer The Killers as an option. I love Hot Chip but The Killers are going to go down a storm, and being with my missus for one of her favourite bands as her first Glastonbury headliner will be a special moment itself.

I have the hot chip/jon Hopkins nightmare and have a horrible feeling that the Glade headliner at the same time will be something I want to be at.

(will probably end up somewhere entirely different having the time of my life and not by design)

Edited by fred quimby

All about the Cure vs Chems. My other half wants to see The Cure, I want to see Chems. I’m not pushing for hen to be Saturday as that would clash with Hot Chip (the horror).

Hoping she will be happy to go off with my mate’s wife who also wants to watch The Cure ?

2 hours ago, fred quimby said:

I have the hot chip/jon Hopkins nightmare and have a horrible feeling that the Glade headliner at the same time will be something I want to be at.

(will probably end up somewhere entirely different having the time of my life and not by design)

Any chance anyone think that Jon H will do another set - maybe a DJ set after hours somewhere? I’m kinda resigned to the fact I’m gonna miss him for Hot Chip ?.

12 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Any chance anyone think that Jon H will do another set - maybe a DJ set after hours somewhere? I’m kinda resigned to the fact I’m gonna miss him for Hot Chip ?.

Well he is free that weekend so I reckon he could end up somewhere. Maybe in the new Arcadia.

10 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Well he is free that weekend so I reckon he could end up somewhere. Maybe in the new Arcadia.

Yup, that's my line of thinking at the moment.  Though where is he going to play?  John Peel?, one of the dance stages/tents (god forbid), West Holts is a non starter due to it already being stacked with headliners and him subbing Wu Tang Clan doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe, just maybe, he's been working with the Arcadia people to do something absolutely mind blowing.

I can dream.