Clashes 2019

kalifire

The Killers v Hot Chip for me. Missed Hot Chip last time for SFA (no regrets at all) but it's the missus first Glastonbury and she's dead set on The Killers. Who I don't mind necessarily but Hot Chip they ain't. Will be nice for my girlfriend to experience a Pyramid headliner and they are on of her favourite bands so gonna miss out on Hot Chip again.

Chemical Brothers v The Cure makes me a bit sad as I will definitely be watching The Cure (I loved their Bestival set and just love them in general) but have always had a good time watching The Chemical Brothers too.

14 minutes ago, sime said:

Chemical Brothers v The Cure makes me a bit sad as I will definitely be watching The Cure (I loved their Bestival set and just love them in general) but have always had a good time watching The Chemical Brothers too.

That's the thing .... Chems are brilliant live, but then there is always that thought that you'll see 'em next time. The Cure aren't playing again.

The age old Glastonbury question is do you go for tried and tested or do you seek pastures new? It's the same question for the food too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

There isnt a dance act big eniugh to headline the Pyramid Barring Calvin Harris who has everything pre mixed or Daft Punk who are nowhere to be seen

Theres rumors on the Daft Punk subreddit that they're getting new helmets made.... which apparently they only do before they tour. Not sure how reliable or true the info is but we can hope. 

2 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Theres rumors on the Daft Punk subreddit that they're getting new helmets made.... which apparently they only do before they tour. Not sure how reliable or true the info is but we can hope. 

Jesus why do people gotta lie? I know Daft Punk's helmet makers and they haven't heard anything about it...

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure on the days, but most of the bands I'm most interested in are very likely to be headlining whatever stage they're on. So far I've got:

1. Jon Hopkins

2. Hot Chip

3. The Cure

4. Chemical Brothers

5. Lauren Hill

Who are all likely to headline a stage ( I wouldn't book Ms Hill in any slot that's going to mess up the timings for any other artist). So that's five acts and *checks notes* three nights they could be playing. I really don't want to miss any of them. Now, I am seeing Hot Chip in Gorilla in Manchester, but I bloody well saw them there in 2015 and missed them at Glastonbury, I really don't want to do that again. 

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm not sure on the days, but most of the bands I'm most interested in are very likely to be headlining whatever stage they're on. So far I've got:

1. Jon Hopkins

2. Hot Chip

3. The Cure

4. Chemical Brothers

5. Lauren Hill

Who are all likely to headline a stage ( I wouldn't book Ms Hill in any slot that's going to mess up the timings for any other artist). So that's five acts and *checks notes* three nights they could be playing. I really don't want to miss any of them. Now, I am seeing Hot Chip in Gorilla in Manchester, but I bloody well saw them there in 2015 and missed them at Glastonbury, I really don't want to do that again. 

Could Lauren Hill not potentially do a mid afternoon slot? Same as Mary J Blige a couple of years back?

9 minutes ago, Robofish said:

Cure vs Janelle Monae - it looks inevitable already. Just think, in 2017 I had no idea what to do on the Sunday night (ended up loving Justice - a fabulous atmosphere there). This year I am already clash-cross! 

Yes it is...just don’t involve the Chems in this one ?

On 3/16/2019 at 5:10 PM, kalifire said:

It's a real glass ceiling for dance acts, isn't it. The Pyramid exists for guitar bands and the occasional rapper when they want think they're diversive. I'm being provocative to provoke discussion, but that's an argument...

I think its more just dance acts are better in the dark (or if it is during the day, at least in a tent).

On 3/16/2019 at 7:22 PM, kingbadger said:

The Killers v Hot Chip for me. Missed Hot Chip last time for SFA (no regrets at all) but it's the missus first Glastonbury and she's dead set on The Killers. Who I don't mind necessarily but Hot Chip they ain't. Will be nice for my girlfriend to experience a Pyramid headliner and they are on of her favourite bands so gonna miss out on Hot Chip again.

Obviously everyone likes to do the festival differently so not a criticism or anything but have you considered just both going to the separate things you want to see and meeting up afterwards? It's nice coming back together and telling each other about the sets you've just seen and some of the best headline sets I've seen have been alone.

The Killers vs the Chems (although people seeming to think the Chems might be Sunday makes me, selfishly as I know a lot on here would rather them be Saturday, a very happy human).

LG vs The Courteeners - Seen LG before so would probably opt for the Courteeners. Awaiting the bucket hat comments for this one.

6 minutes ago, Display-Name said:

The Killers vs the Chems (although people seeming to think the Chems might be Sunday makes me, selfishly as I know a lot on here would rather them be Saturday, a very happy human).

Shows the different range of tastes, i'll be over the moon for the Chems to be on Sunday night clashing with The Cure as I only like a couple of The Cure songs, The Chems on the other hand will be amazing and a perfect way to end the festival for me.

Potential clashes that may be an issue for me is Christine and the Queens if they headline a stage rather than get a daytime/evening slot.

I really need to see Sam Fender too so hoping for a decent time for him. 

4 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Shows the different range of tastes, i'll be over the moon for the Chems to be on Sunday night clashing with The Cure as I only like a couple of The Cure songs, The Chems on the other hand will be amazing and a perfect way to end the festival for me.

Potential clashes that may be an issue for me is Christine and the Queens if they headline a stage rather than get a daytime/evening slot.

I really need to see Sam Fender too so hoping for a decent time for him. 

Exactly, can't cater for everyone at all times, but at all times, everyone will be catered for. In one way or another. I'm with you on C&TQ too and my boyfriend wants to see Sam Fender so also hoping he's not too caught up in clashes for us personally.

1 minute ago, Display-Name said:

Exactly, can't cater for everyone at all times, but at all times, everyone will be catered for. In one way or another. I'm with you on C&TQ too and my boyfriend wants to see Sam Fender so also hoping he's not too caught up in clashes for us personally.

I'm dreading C&TQ being a headliner on a stage as one of my must sees but if they play on Sunday and headline then that's worst case scenario for me. Hoping for an early evening spot.