Clashes 2019

kalifire

We don't have the stage and times yet, but there's enough we do know, or heavily rumoured, to get us thinking.

What are you most feared clashes, and who would win?

I'll kick off with: Janelle Monae vs Chemical Brothers. Janelle would win but man, I'd hate not to dance it up with the Chems.

Over to you.

18 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Tame Impala vs Interpol could be likely, ironically I'd really want to see Interpol headline a smaller stage rather than be washed on the Other/Pyramid, but if they do then the clash is on as I think they're only around on the Friday?

If Interpol are Friday, does that not also end up clashing with Hot Chip on The Park? Can't remember what day they were rumoured for now. Or it'll be a Jon Hopkins/Hot Chip clash....which is also shit

21 minutes ago, Northtim said:

Similar - Cure vs Chems.

simple answer is put chems on saturday

Cure v Chems sucks....for me, it's an obvious choice for the Chems, but I know a couple of my more dance-music loving friends and the ones who also really want to see The Cure. So either I'll get dragged along or end up raving to the Chems on me lonesome

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Their booking at the top of the Other Stage order is predictable and dull whichever day it is.

It's a real glass ceiling for dance acts, isn't it. The Pyramid exists for guitar bands and the occasional rapper when they want think they're diversive. I'm being provocative to provoke discussion, but that's an argument...

Edited by kalifire

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It's a real glass ceiling for dance acts, isn't it. The Pyramid exists for guitar bands and the occasional rapper when they want to delude themselves into thinking they're diversive. I'm being provocative to provoke discussion, but that's an argument...

Lady Gaga isn't a guitar band....

14 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It's a real glass ceiling for dance acts, isn't it. The Pyramid exists for guitar bands and the occasional rapper when they want think they're diversive. I'm being provocative to provoke discussion, but that's an argument...

Tbh they’ve already headlined the Pyramid and I’d wager that - given their connections - they could sub the Pyramid instead if they wanted. It’s just it doesn’t work for their live setup.