kalifire

Clashes 2019

We don't have the stage and times yet, but there's enough we do know, or heavily rumoured, to get us thinking.

What are you most feared clashes, and who would win?

I'll kick off with: Janelle Monae vs Chemical Brothers. Janelle would win but man, I'd hate not to dance it up with the Chems.

Over to you.

Tame Impala vs Interpol could be likely, ironically I'd really want to see Interpol headline a smaller stage rather than be washed on the Other/Pyramid, but if they do then the clash is on as I think they're only around on the Friday? 

18 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Tame Impala vs Interpol could be likely, ironically I'd really want to see Interpol headline a smaller stage rather than be washed on the Other/Pyramid, but if they do then the clash is on as I think they're only around on the Friday?

If Interpol are Friday, does that not also end up clashing with Hot Chip on The Park? Can't remember what day they were rumoured for now. Or it'll be a Jon Hopkins/Hot Chip clash....which is also shit

21 minutes ago, Northtim said:

Similar - Cure vs Chems.

simple answer is put chems on saturday

Cure v Chems sucks....for me, it's an obvious choice for the Chems, but I know a couple of my more dance-music loving friends and the ones who also really want to see The Cure. So either I'll get dragged along or end up raving to the Chems on me lonesome

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Tumbleweed the size of a brontosaurus rolling around the site on the Saturday night.

Pyramid full to the brim. 

31 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Tumbleweed the size of a brontosaurus rolling around the site on the Saturday night.

Wu tang clan aint nuthin to fuck with

1 hour ago, Northtim said:

Similar - Cure vs Chems.

simple answer is put chems on saturday

Yep - this!

I think we all need to tweet Ed Chemical to tell him he has to play Saturday and then he can see Janelle Monae too.

• Upvote 1

Also, they can't keep putting Da Bruvvers on Sunday nights, surely. It just makes things predictable and dull.

39 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Wu tang clan aint nuthin to fuck with

Meth, Master Ace and that one who cut his own cock off while smoking the bad drugs.

11 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Also, they can't keep putting Da Bruvvers on Sunday nights, surely. It just makes things predictable and dull.

Their booking at the top of the Other Stage order is predictable and dull whichever day it is.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Their booking at the top of the Other Stage order is predictable and dull whichever day it is.

It's a real glass ceiling for dance acts, isn't it. The Pyramid exists for guitar bands and the occasional rapper when they want think they're diversive. I'm being provocative to provoke discussion, but that's an argument...

Edited by kalifire

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Ain't Hot Chip Saturday?

Seem to be likely at The Park.

It's in my back pocket if all else fails, but it's not exactly a must-see experience.  

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It's a real glass ceiling for dance acts, isn't it. The Pyramid exists for guitar bands and the occasional rapper when they want to delude themselves into thinking they're diversive. I'm being provocative to provoke discussion, but that's an argument...

Lady Gaga isn't a guitar band....

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Lady Gaga isn't a guitar band....

Your point being? She's not headlining either.

14 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It's a real glass ceiling for dance acts, isn't it. The Pyramid exists for guitar bands and the occasional rapper when they want think they're diversive. I'm being provocative to provoke discussion, but that's an argument...

Tbh they’ve already headlined the Pyramid and I’d wager that - given their connections - they could sub the Pyramid instead if they wanted. It’s just it doesn’t work for their live setup.

Chems vs cure vs possibly vampire weekend 

killers vs hot chip 

Sad to be missing Chems and hot chip but always place guitar stuff over dance stuff when I wanna see two acts I love

There isnt a dance act big eniugh to headline the Pyramid Barring Calvin Harris who has everything pre mixed or Daft Punk who are nowhere to be seen

1 hour ago, Fishman said:

Yep - this!

I think we all need to tweet Ed Chemical to tell him he has to play Saturday and then he can see Janelle Monae too.

I wish I had an upvote left for this plan!