What time do people arrive who are first in line?

I like Mondays

They do let you in to park on Tuesday yes. Here is the official info:

"Car parks will open at 9pm on the Tuesday night before Glastonbury 2019, allowing Festival-goers to arrive throughout the night, when traffic volumes are low.

There will, however, be no entertainment or facilities in the car parks and Festival-goers will be expected to remain in their cars until the Festival gates open at 8am on Wednesday morning. Most people choose to eat locally or en route and then arrive in the early hours."

In reality, the car parks may open slightly earlier than advertised, and some people get to the front of the queue and try and get some sleep from around midnight. More queue up as the clock ticks to the gates opening, so anyone who queues up from 7am is still in for a longish wait while people file in.

6 hours ago, Simpo said:

They do let you in to park on Tuesday yes. Here is the official info:

"Car parks will open at 9pm on the Tuesday night before Glastonbury 2019, allowing Festival-goers to arrive throughout the night, when traffic volumes are low.

There will, however, be no entertainment or facilities in the car parks and Festival-goers will be expected to remain in their cars until the Festival gates open at 8am on Wednesday morning. Most people choose to eat locally or en route and then arrive in the early hours."

In reality, the car parks may open slightly earlier than advertised, and some people get to the front of the queue and try and get some sleep from around midnight. More queue up as the clock ticks to the gates opening, so anyone who queues up from 7am is still in for a longish wait while people file in.

We arrived early in 2017, around midnight and lots of good natured fun in the car park. Lovely warm night. Mind you, the portaloos soon became rather ripe. Trouble is after a few drinks we fell asleep, woke up around 7 and the bloody queue for gate A snaked past the car at the side of the stream. So much for our plan to get in early! 

Yeah 9pm car parks open :). Every year people get earlier and earlier though. Most recently in 2017 we arrived at about 10.30pm on tuesday and after going through initial security search we joined the queue. We were at gate D and i'd say we were one of the first one hundred people through the gate, spent the night about three zig zags down from the front of the queue. 

You probably want to get there around then to be one of the first in and fingers crossed be one of the closer car parks in orange. That is if youre coming that way!  

When I worked there in 2016 it was the 1st time that I had been on site before the gates opened and I do remember going to my car on the Tuesday night around 8-9pm and there were people already queued up waiting- maybe a 100 or so folk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We arrived at gate D around 6pm Tuesday in 2017. The weather was brilliant, it would have been pretty miserable overnight had the weather been crappy.

They opened the gates around 7.30 I think and we were one of the first ones on site. It was an incredible feeling!

Polar opposites this year...I managed to get a Thursday coach ticket. God know where we will end up camping!

We were out of the car and in the queue at 5am in 2017 and it took us 4 hours of shuffling to get in through the gate even though they opened early. 

2016 due to the weather we got parked at around 9.30am after being stuck in traffic since 6. Wandered straight in though mind.

Edited by Flysheet