The Chemical Brothers 2019

fatyeti24

1 minute ago, HeyPorter said:

Yeah they seem risky, don’t know what lineup will appear and can see there being setlist issues too. 

Aye and guaranteed crowd and bangers on the other. No brainer. Will have to wait and see what the clashfinder says. 

9 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Oh yeah this! I forgot about those, need to get some of those asap.

Diffraction glasses are a festival essential. I buy about 50 and spin em out to people during the festival. Great way to interact with your fellow Glastonauts and makes their nights a whole lot more interesting. Hearts are my favourite 

2pcs-Pack-Conerts-Diffraction-Glasses-Heart-Effect-Lens-Rave-3D-Prism-EDM-Rainbows-Festival-Fireworks-Glasses.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Oops, himself has just reminded me that we actually saw them at Electric Picnic but weather was shit and it didn't have the same impact for the screens and lights. So we sacked it off. 

2016? Was there. My only time seeing them and I was, spangled, so I’m not missing them this year.

The likelihood of a Streets/Chems clash is a bitter pill though. 

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Diffraction glasses are a festival essential. I buy about 50 and spin em out to people during the festival. Great way to interact with your fellow Glastonauts and makes their nights a whole lot more interesting. Hearts are my favourite 

2pcs-Pack-Conerts-Diffraction-Glasses-Heart-Effect-Lens-Rave-3D-Prism-EDM-Rainbows-Festival-Fireworks-Glasses.jpg

On the Sunday last year, I wandered around during the day offering rainbow glasses to passers by. The reactions varied from a bemused shrug to "Can I KEEP them???" Funnily enough, the best reactions came from people who were dressed up as rainbows.

That was good fun, but much better was Justice later on. Stood right in front of the mixing desk handing out glasses, watching the crowd turn into Max Headroom. The joyous look on people's faces when they tried the glasses on was incredible.  My only regret is not bringing more. I reckon a hundred or so should do a decent job for the Chems!

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

On the Sunday last year, I wandered around during the day offering rainbow glasses to passers by. The reactions varied from a bemused shrug to "Can I KEEP them???" Funnily enough, the best reactions came from people who were dressed up as rainbows.

That was good fun, but much better was Justice later on. Stood right in front of the mixing desk handing out glasses, watching the crowd turn into Max Headroom. The joyous look on people's faces when they tried the glasses on was incredible.  My only regret is not bringing more. I reckon a hundred or so should do a decent job for the Chems!

Oh why did I not meet you :-(.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Spread the diffractive joy, my friend! 

17 hours ago, H.M.V said:

I've never seen em so I'm deffo checking them out this time. When I saw the lightshow and the crowd on BBC I knew I'd fucked up that night. 

Haha, same. In fairness, my attempts to pace myself in 2015 had gone badly awry and by the time the Chems took to Other on the Sunday, I was farting around at Arcadia along with other sorry reprobates, trying to turn a pathetic shuffle into some kind of dance move. Occasionally I shuffled to the point I could overlook the Chems and they did look amazing, I just didn't have it in me. Hopefully they're not scheduled for Sunday this year because they wouldn't survive a clash with Janelle.

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

@stuartbert two hats Was it you who was shouting something out on the Railway line a couple of years ago? Can remember responding to you and you confirming it in here after the festival?

That sounds like the kind of thing I would do. Can you remember any more details? Was it something to do with high fives?

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Their set in 2015 is still my favourite set I’ve ever seen at Glastonbury. 

It needs to be experienced. Shame it is clashing with the Cure though.

When the balls came flying out into the crowd from the visual was brilliant.

I started watching The Who on the Pyramid and glad I left for the Chemical brother.