fatyeti24

The Chemical Brothers 2019

See also 2015, 2011, 2007 etc and so on.

Here's a link to the 2015 set that I can't seem to embed.  Don't blame me, today's my birthday and I've been mixing my drinks.

Anyway, we know what we're going to get, and it'll be very similar to that which has gone before.  Which is fine by me, cos I love 'em.  They're one of 'my' bands.  First came about when I was in my teens, still making tunes that I like now I'm in my 40s.  That probably isn't as complimentary as I think it is.

So I'll be there again.  In a spot where the sound is good, freaking out over the transition between Swoon and Star Guitar and hoping for an oldie to be dropped unexpectedly.  Bless 'em.

:D 

• Upvote 1

Really looking forward to seeing them live at my first festival in 19 years. Given the light show etc. is it best to be near the front or just as good further back?

1 minute ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

Really looking forward to seeing them live at my first festival in 19 years. Given the light show etc. is it best to be near the front or just as good further back?

Get yourself just in front of the sound desk for best audio/visual effect.

• Upvote 1

So excited for this!

Always an amazing show, and the new album is shaping up incredible! 

After APE it will be show 2 of 3 for me next year, but it's always special on the Other. 

Seen them a lot over the years, including 2011 & 2015 fests. The stuff from the new album is great especially "MAH" & I know Ill love it if I see them... but I do want to see some new stuff!

I've never seen em so I'm deffo checking them out this time. When I saw the lightshow and the crowd on BBC I knew I'd fucked up that night. 

Last time I saw Brother and the lads was at the Barras touring Dig Your Own Hole.

Might have a goosey gander if nothing else presents itself.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Last time I saw Brother and the lads was at the Barras touring Dig Your Own Hole.

Might have a goosey gander if nothing else presents itself.

My thoughts were they may be up against Janelle on the Holts? 

59 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

See also 2015, 2011, 2007 etc and so on.

Here's a link to the 2015 set that I can't seem to embed.  Don't blame me, today's my birthday and I've been mixing my drinks.

Anyway, we know what we're going to get, and it'll be very similar to that which has gone before.  Which is fine by me, cos I love 'em.  They're one of 'my' bands.  First came about when I was in my teens, still making tunes that I like now I'm in my 40s.  That probably isn't as complimentary as I think it is.

So I'll be there again.  In a spot where the sound is good, freaking out over the transition between Swoon and Star Guitar and hoping for an oldie to be dropped unexpectedly.  Bless 'em.

:D 

That 2015 set was fucking ace. One of my favourite Glastonbury sets I've been too

Oops, himself has just reminded me that we actually saw them at Electric Picnic but weather was shit and it didn't have the same impact for the screens and lights. So we sacked it off. 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In that case nah.

Thought as much. Gonna leave the stressing till the whole lot drops. Then make my peace where I have to. 

4 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

My thoughts were they may be up against Janelle on the Holts? 

Hopefully not. I hope they are on the Saturday.

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Hopefully not. I hope they are on the Saturday.

Against the Killers, well that would be just jolly. Who's on West Holts? 

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

Against the Killers, well that would be just jolly. Who's on West Holts? 

Wu Tang... who I'd see, but they'd be behind the Chems

Just now, HeyPorter said:

The Wu. 

Ah shite. I had their albums and loved em. Heard they can be a bit depleted live though so might have to stick with the Chems. 

Just now, H.M.V said:

Ah shite. I had their albums and loved em. Heard they can be a bit depleted live though so might have to stick with the Chems. 

Yeah they seem risky, don’t know what lineup will appear and can see there being setlist issues too.