Best lineup in the last 10 years?

MetaKate

I'm really happy with it. Really chuffed about Snow Patrol  - long overdue. Lots of women this year which is nice but I'm craving some serious rock and there's not much there at the moment. I was also hoping for some massive dance acts like Calvin Harris and Swedish House Mafia - maybe on the next poster?

1 hour ago, uscore said:

Sheryl Crow (who I, when I'm drunk, keep accidentally calling Sheryl Cole) seems to have widely tipped for playing?  Why was that?  

If you mean before the drop, I have no idea. If you mean today, it's cos  she's on the poster.

2 hours ago, uscore said:

Sheryl Crow (who I, when I'm drunk, keep accidentally calling Sheryl Cole) seems to have widely tipped for playing?  Why was that?  

Cos it lined up with other dates she was doing, she's played before and she's fucking ace.

Anyway, best lineup was 2014. Carry on.

6 hours ago, Martin Ashford said:

I'm really happy with it. Really chuffed about Snow Patrol  - long overdue. Lots of women this year which is nice but I'm craving some serious rock and there's not much there at the moment. I was also hoping for some massive dance acts like Calvin Harris and Swedish House Mafia - maybe on the next poster?

You mean like Chemical Brothers?

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I went to see Sigrid last spring and got stopped at the door by the bouncers cos they thought I was at the wrong gig.

I saw her last night, she eh, well, supported george Ezra at the hydro.  Loads of kids there, which got me thinking that our george could sub basil brush in the kids field. By the way, george wasn’t bad, he has decent backing musicians and the deedle deedle dum dum songsdid go down well. Place was packed, standing and sitting areas. Sigrid is quite a talent. 

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Cos it lined up with other dates she was doing, she's played before and she's fucking ace.

Anyway, best lineup was 2014. Carry on.

The best headliners day across the site in recent memory is Sunday 2011....

Beyonce / QOTSA / Kool and the Gang / The Streets / Gruff Rhys 

2 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Just working things out.... how the fuck am I supposed to choose between the cure the chems and janelle? 

Depends how much of a Cure fan you are I suppose. She's not my bag but Janelle definitely feels like it could be a 'I was there' moment if her career continues on the trajectory it's on. But it's likely the last chance you'll have to see The Cure on the Pyramid. 

Although the Chems are my preference if you can wait until 2023 they'll probably be back again.

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Where the fuck were you when we were circling the wagons against the threat of Dat Boi B-Flo?

As a Scotsman living in Sweden I felt personably responsible for a Calvin Harris/SHM double whammy that needed a good memeing

Edited by SwedgeAntilles
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Just working things out.... how the fuck am I supposed to choose between the cure the chems and janelle? 

Personally I'm gonna see if there's any time overlap, hopefully see a bit of Janelle then mosey on over to the Other for the start of the Chemical Brothers. Hopefully. 

3 hours ago, MetaKate said:

This is also my problem. Am leaning towards Janelle. Am in total agreement re the thread btw - I'm still absolutely buzzing. Last time out there was literally 2 acts I wanted to see and here there is 10! I absolutely love seeing a woman up on the stage, it really inspires me - I only used to get it from Patti but this year it is going to be wall to wall. <fashions pink costume for Janelle>

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

This is also my problem. Am leaning towards Janelle. Am in total agreement re the thread btw - I'm still absolutely buzzing. Last time out there was literally 2 acts I wanted to see and here there is 10! I absolutely love seeing a woman up on the stage, it really inspires me - I only used to get it from Patti but this year it is going to be wall to wall. <fashions pink costume for Janelle>

YES! Janelle, Lauryn, Lizzo, Kylie, Janet, Santigold, Miley!! Some bad ass women on that lineup. It feels so good.

Honestly the more I look the better it gets and the deeper the clash fears become!