Best lineup in the last 10 years?

MetaKate

25 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I don't mean this in an offensive way....but if you're really that bummed out about the lineup, there is still time to change your mind! Why don't you fuck Glastonbury off and go to Rock Werchter or something instead? Or Download maybe?

Glastonbury is a better festival there isnt anything like it really, the first time I went I was in awe, there is more bands to come and the night life at Glastonbury after the bands stop is not even up for contention with the other two.

Download has pretty terrible line ups, though I will be off this year for the day to see Smashing pumpkins and Tool. 

Rock Retcher has a terribly weak line up this year which is shocking because usually its actually pretty good.

Maybe its just the bands on offer this year that are up for festivals aren't the strongest for my taste which is fine. Ill still be attending and having a great time. 

Edited by Xeph1995
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Glastonbury is a better festival there isnt anything like it really, the first time I went I was in awe, there is more bands to come and the night life at Glastonbury after the bands stop is not even up for contention with the other two.

Download has pretty terrible line ups, though I will be off this year for the day to see Smashing pumpkins and Tool. 

Rock Retcher has a terribly weak line up this year which is shocking because usually its actually pretty good.

Maybe its just the bands on offer this year that are up for festivals aren't the strongest for my taste which is fine. Ill still be attending and having a great time. 

I am also tempted by Download's Smashing Pumpkins/Tool day....one of them on the G poster would have got me mega excited. 

I think most years Boomtown and Download's lineups fit my musical tastes better.....but there is still easily enough at Glastonbury to fill my days and nights with music wise ? Plus it's a lot easier to get a crew of my mates together for Glastonbury, and none of them will go to Download and only a few to Boom

And also, as we all know, there just isn't another festival like it!

The acts that I don't like on the lineup don't make any difference to my enjoyment of the festival.   They essentially don't exist to me.   You can only be in one place at any given time and so everyone's lineup is different.   Just go and see the acts you like, ignore the ones you don't.  

If you can pick 10 or so acts out of this initial poster that you will have a good time to, then you've already got a good lineup.

• Upvote 1

How has a positive thread descended in parts to the dullness of the line up (which I don;t understand) , also its been derogatory to anyone over 40, 'coffin dodging gammons' , anyone who likes indie  ... hey we are all different , lets be nice , lets keep positive, if you don;t like the line and its important to you, you have time to give back your ticket and go and find somewhere else to play

Embrace our differences, enjoy learning about other music styles and respect others

Not one of us has the right to think we know better than the next person, we all have our views , but they are just that - views, not facts ...

xx

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That was me in reference to a non-Glastonbury gig   I won't see 40 again either.

ha ha sorry, wasn;t having a 'pop' , maybe feeling slightly tetchy reaching the end of my 40's lol

That and so many posts end up in moaning and negativity and the world seems so full of negativity at the moment we just need to try to be posittive in the one place where the outside world can be left behind.

Take care

• Upvote 1

After being away this weekend and having time to digest the poster and actually listen to some of the lesser known names (to me) i'm looking forward to the G even more this year, plenty for me to get excited about not even on the Pyramid and on it. With more still to come....it's going to be a good one! 

Just now, Display-Name said:

Yeah if they were to shuffle things round a bit, doubt it's set in stone. Just stating why everyone expects them to be Sunday. No-one really 'knows' for definite though I don't think.

I saw them in 2015 on the Sunday night on the Other stage so I thought they may mix it up & give them the Saturday, also.......really hoping they don't clash with Janelle Monae!

13 minutes ago, Youtopia said:

I saw them in 2015 on the Sunday night on the Other stage so I thought they may mix it up & give them the Saturday, also.......really hoping they don't clash with Janelle Monae!

I think you'll find a lot of like minded people on here. Although personally Sunday night would make me an incredibly happy person.