"Moments" of 2019

K2SO

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

In the middle of the night, well after midnight.  It's like walking through a rainbow and the queues are pretty small too.

Is the ribbon tower open from when the gates open? I’ve always been put off by queues and too exhausted by overnight queuing but arriving in a camper on Tuesday this year so wondering if Wednesday is a good time?!?

Despite my girlfriend rolling her eyes every time I mention Glastonbury, she's coming this year. She's still trying to act like she's not overly fussed but I'm looking forward to the moment the bus gets close enough you can see the festival and the look on her face. I'm sure she'll fall in love with the festival well before the Friday.

Surely the best moment for everyone will be that first sunset on the Wednesday?

Sun's been out all day, you're just the right amount of high (on drink, life etc.), you can't decided whether to put your jumper on now or wait a little longer so you feel the "benefit" more, you're with friends old and new, everyone around you is thinking the exact same and you just step back for a moment, take a look around and do a deep breath as you mutter to yourself "it's good to be home"

Not to forget those lights, those twinkly bastards on the pathways. You know the ones. Beautiful.

Anyhow an added moment for me will be the pint of hot n spicy during the evening when your a bit chilly, you have a swig of the nectar and can feel your cheeks start to glow with the warmth it provides. 

I could go on all day :lol:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, GlastoAwe said:

Is the ribbon tower open from when the gates open? I’ve always been put off by queues and too exhausted by overnight queuing but arriving in a camper on Tuesday this year so wondering if Wednesday is a good time?!?

I'm not sure, I know a lot of things aren't open immediately. It might be, hopefully someone else will know.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, GlastoAwe said:

The opening is usually weather dependant from memory it opened late on the Wednesday in 2016 but only due to the conditions, in 2017 it was open very early in the day. The hill at the Park is actually higher than the tower so i've never bothered actually going up but may have to change that this year. 

3 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Despite my girlfriend rolling her eyes every time I mention Glastonbury, she's coming this year. She's still trying to act like she's not overly fussed but I'm looking forward to the moment the bus gets close enough you can see the festival and the look on her face. I'm sure she'll fall in love with the festival well before the Friday.

Same, bringing my husband for the first time this year and I'm so excited for him

On 3/18/2019 at 1:59 PM, Tommy Dickfingers said:

My long suffering missis has wanted to go up the Ribon Tower for 3 years now so I think I might finally bother waiting. Believe me that will be one hell of a moment haha. Does anyone have any tips when is a good time? 

My missus absolutely loves it when i take her up the Ribbon Tower! 100% worth the wait and a moment I've never forgotten.

Tips? Just take it slowly, don't rush it, if she gets scared then you don't have to go all the way up. Poppers can help relax things.

Edited by bigfurbdogg
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I reckon Christine and The Queens might be a big moment this year, as long as they get the billing they deserve. They are a band both my girlfriend and I love and although she tolerates a lot of my music tastes C&TQ's are one of those bands she appreciates as much as me so we should have a good time if they pull out the performance I know they can!

6 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Not to forget those lights, those twinkly bastards on the pathways. You know the ones. Beautiful.

Similarly I can not help but admire the way the flags,  like the ones encompassing the Other stage, flutter in the wind whilst I’ve hit a sweet spot with the magic ☺️

Sunset & fire lighting on Wednesday....and the looks on friend’s faces when they see the site for thee first time!

33 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Woffy will have to introduce our kids to each other.

Defo.

Although my wife isn't coming now due to being heavily preggers, she's going to drop little 'un off on Sunday morning.

(i'm gonna take that opportunity to pack up most of my stuff and put it in her car - so I don't have to worry about it after the Sunday headliner, when we'll leave).

I've only got a vague plan for the Sunday at the mo - obviously gonna have to have to play it by ear a bit with a 3 year old in tow - but i'm thinking: Sunday morning in Kidz Field, take her for a wander / tour about in her buggy in the afternoon and then catch as many bands from tea time-ish onwards, finishing with Janelle at WH.

Let's liaise nearly the time!

3 hours ago, bigfurbdogg said:

My missus absolutely loves it when i take her up the Ribbon Tower! 100% worth the wait and a moment I've never forgotten.

Tips? Just take it slowly, don't rush it, if she gets scared then you don't have to go all the way up. Poppers can help relax things.

?

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Defo.

Although my wife isn't coming now due to being heavily preggers, she's going to drop little 'un off on Sunday morning.

(i'm gonna take that opportunity to pack up most of my stuff and put it in her car - so I don't have to worry about it after the Sunday headliner, when we'll leave).

I've only got a vague plan for the Sunday at the mo - obviously gonna have to have to play it by ear a bit with a 3 year old in tow - but i'm thinking: Sunday morning in Kidz Field, take her for a wander / tour about in her buggy in the afternoon and then catch as many bands from tea time-ish onwards, finishing with Janelle at WH.

Let's liaise nearly the time!

My two will be fully feral at that stage.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

J-Mo not headlining Saturday night is, quite frankly, a shoe to the pods.

What’s your (potential) clash, CalGon? Or do you just prefer the Saturday WH party vibe?

8 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

My two will be fully feral at that stage.

Mine’s like an overly sociable but risk averse health and safety assessor, so i’m intrigued to see how she gets on. 

9 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Surely the best moment for everyone will be that first sunset on the Wednesday?

Sun's been out all day, you're just the right amount of high (on drink, life etc.), you can't decided whether to put your jumper on now or wait a little longer so you feel the "benefit" more, you're with friends old and new, everyone around you is thinking the exact same and you just step back for a moment, take a look around and do a deep breath as you mutter to yourself "it's good to be home"

Anyhow an added moment for me will be the pint of hot n spicy during the evening when your a bit chilly, you have a swig of the nectar and can feel your cheeks start to glow with the warmth it provides. 

I could go on all day :lol:

I’m not crying, you are.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Woffy said:

What’s your (potential) clash, CalGon? Or do you just prefer the Saturday WH party vibe?

Probably - maybe - The Cure, based on some indecisive inklings that I may already be at WH other nights and that - having seen both at the G anyway - Bob and the lads have bit more novelty factor *and* drunken familiarity factor.

Plus, you know, first Pymild headliner in 3 years.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Probably - maybe - The Cure, based on some indecisive inklings that I may already be at WH other nights and that - having seen both at the G anyway - Bob and the lads have bit more novelty factor *and* drunken familiarity factor.

Plus, you know, first Pymild headliner in 3 years.

Yup. Makes sense. 

I’ve never seen JM but am now mildly obsessed.  Gotta be at WH.