"Moments" of 2019

K2SO

Was just going to post the same thing. I anticipate the following Moments:

• Killing Me Softly - Ms Lauryn Hill
  • David Attenborough arriving on stage
  • The Climb - Miley Cyrus (sue me)
  • Kate Tempest's entire set

I can't imagine being in those moments and holding it together.

Biggest singalongs - George Ezra - espcially if the yellow ball in the sky is out and the cider is flowing, Killers Mr Brightside (they tend to start or end with it, and ended with it from memory in JP so maybe start with it on the pyramid), Kylie - just kylie,  coiuld be a cheesey party

Moment for me - Snow patrol - What if this is all the love you'll ever get - (from their new album and I think I'll be in bits if they do it )

Lizzo doing Juice (in fact her whole set I think will become an I was there moment)

Janelle Monae's whole set

Johnny Marr doing Smiths songs will always set some people off. I remember so many people in tears last time

Kate Tempest as always 

Mavis Staples set will also be emotional. She's 80 only a fortnight after Glastonbury and still so incredible and powerful. 

• 3 weeks later...

One personal big moment is the arrival of the taxi that takes me from my parent's house in Frome to the drop off point, in the dead of night. Until that point it's all prep, but the arrival of that car is the beginning of things in earnest.

Edited by kalifire
  • Like 1

I’ve started popping CDs to one side to curate my road trip playlist, I’m really looking forward to loading up the motor and getting down the coast - I’m stewarding this year so a Tuesday road trip on my own is going to be the beginning of my adventure, and I can’t bloody wait! 

On 3/18/2019 at 1:59 PM, Tommy Dickfingers said:

My long suffering missis has wanted to go up the Ribon Tower for 3 years now so I think I might finally bother waiting. Believe me that will be one hell of a moment haha. Does anyone have any tips when is a good time? 

In the middle of the night, well after midnight.  It's like walking through a rainbow and the queues are pretty small too.

• Upvote 1

On 3/18/2019 at 1:59 PM, Tommy Dickfingers said:

My long suffering missis has wanted to go up the Ribon Tower for 3 years now so I think I might finally bother waiting. Believe me that will be one hell of a moment haha. Does anyone have any tips when is a good time? 

she can put it on her head with no queue ... I haven't yet worked out a south east corner style queueing system for it yet :) 

• Upvote 1