What's the best track by.....

bombfrog

Just now, Brave Sir Robin said:

Evil is just a cut above a whole slew of great tracks for me. Great live too, they pace their sets really well.

We went to the second night of the Royal Albert Hall gig and they were immense.

I think we got the better setlist too. RunRoblaRun (currently running the Marathon Des Sables. Lunatic) was at the night before and he said the sound was guff and the set list poor (i'll go have a look). We were in the front row of seats directly facing the stage and in line - height-wise - with the huge PA. Again, immense.

20 minutes ago, Woffy said:

We went to the second night of the Royal Albert Hall gig and they were immense.

I think we got the better setlist too. RunRoblaRun (currently running the Marathon Des Sables. Lunatic) was at the night before and he said the sound was guff and the set list poor (i'll go have a look). We were in the front row of seats directly facing the stage and in line - height-wise - with the huge PA. Again, immense.

Seated though Woffy? For an Interpol gig? I hope you got up and boogied.

Just now, Brave Sir Robin said:

Seated though Woffy? For an Interpol gig? I hope you got up and boogied.

I did a bit but Mrs Woffy was concerned i'd topple over the balcony.

Just checked the setlist. No Obstable 1 on our night. It was played the previous night to close but they didn't get PDA.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/interpol/2018/royal-albert-hall-london-england-2b978c86.html

Most tracks drawn from Turn On The Bright Lights though :) 

Also worth a mention was their 'sunsetter' slot on the Other in 2014. Terrific stuff.

Results for Interpol

Winner: Evil (9 votes)

Obstacle 1 (7)
PDA (5)
All The Rage Back Home (5)
The Heinrich Maneuver (3)
Slow Hands (2)
Obstacle 2 (1)
Hands Away (1)
Stella is a Diver and She Was Always Down (1)
Untitled (1)
C'Mere (1)

Lots of love for Interpol on here, clearly, but time to move on:

Kate Tempest

Again, abstaining as I know very little about her.

Edited by bombfrog

I like a lot of Kate Tempest's stuff, but Circles is one of her boppier tracks so that gets my vote. 

I just missed the Interpol cut off and I would have voted for All the Rage, so technically that's 3rd place now ? Opening guitar riff is to die for.

Purely based on her 2017 set, People's Faces. Still sends an absolute shiver up the spine.  Just....wow

EDIT - re-watching that has actually put a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. Again. Glorious.

@bombfrog even if you don't feel informed to vote, just watch this for the sake of it.

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 2