What's the best track by.....

bombfrog

@zero000

I'm going to be slightly cheeky and chuck in a Highly Commended rosette for the extraordinary Open Eye Signal, both in original and George Fitzgerald guises, as (a) it is phenomenal and epitomises the D in IDM and (b) it marks one of the genuinely best moments of my entire life when Jopkins dropped it at exactly the half-way point of his 2017 Arcadia set when I was having one of, if not the, happiest dance sessions I've ever had, surrounded by such wonderful friends, at the greatest festival on Earth.

But, of course, that's too easy for this music snob, so I am choosing Everything Connected.

It kind of reviews itself with its title, an amalgam of dark, minor key chord changes, spectacular beats, nearly three minutes more loveliness that the afore-fêted OES and, at 125bpm, at is Gods' Own Tempo®️

Ben

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

YES!

Sadly Jon doesn't seem to like sounds that are quite so clean these days, but it's an absolute chooon! Very Orbitally too.

I'm voting for 100

Him performing Contact Note at the Big Chill in 04 blew me away. Have loved everything he has done but there is something very special with that album. 

Can anybody identify the first track he plays on the BBC iPlayer set for 6 music? Starts off slow then turns into a banger.

Setlist.fm came up empty.

EDIT: Don't worry, I think it's Singlularity, just compared it to the Spotify version. What a tune.

Edited by bombfrog

Results for Jon Hopkins

Winner: Emerald Rush (6 votes)

Everything Connected (5)
Open Eye Signal (2)
Collider (2)
100 (2)
Light Through The Veins (1)
Feel First Life (1)
Neon Pattern Drum (1)

Probably the last big one today:

Ms Lauryn Hill

This one is a tough one. I'm tempted to just say Doo Wop (That Thing) or Everything is Everything but I know she does "Ready or Not" live so it has to be that.