bombfrog

What's the best track by.....

Putting together a Spotify playlist and only want to put one track by each artist so I thought I'd ask the forum for their favourite track by each artist, one at a time. No point starting a thread about each artist so thought I'd do it all in one thread one at a time. (I realise that the thread could go on for a while). I'm going to include artists which I don't know much about as I'm lazy and need help knowing what tracks to listen to.

The rules:

* I'll post a new artist each day (unless I'm busy) alongside the winner from the previous day.

* One vote each

* Try to vote for the song which will go down best at Glastonbury, not the ones that sound best on headphones at 2am, if that makes sense.

* I'll post the result as a public playlist once it's got enough on it.

* Please resist the temptation to say "they're all shit" if you don't like an act. Let's try to keep it positive.

So, in no particular order, to kick it off, what's the best track by......

The Cure

I'm saying "Inbetween Days"

Edited by bombfrog
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Pictures Of You.

I genuinely can't wait to see this booming out across the Pyramid field.

Waaaaaaaaaaay too many to choose from.

Erm, maybe Disintegration (song) on Disintegration (album) or Burn from The Crow soundtrack but this will likely change every other minute as I remember more.

Ah, just noticed best for Glastonbury...hmm...yeah,  Pictures of you single wise although most will go mad for Friday i'm in love.

Edited by cdm22
  • Upvote 1

Pictures of You

Glorious on record and live.  Just thinking about it is making me question my Janelle choice already.

A Forest is their best song.... Boy's Don't Cry for the festival set though?

Had a look through recent setlists... such strength in depth

I love this one, particularly poignant when you hear the story behind it.

As I understand he wrote it after giving Billy MacKenzie the brush off backstage not long before his death.  Brutal in its simplicity.

• Upvote 1

You can pretend it'll be one of the sad ones but "the song which will go down best at Glastonbury", on the Sunday night in a Pyramid field swelled with locals, will be one of the pop hits - Lovecats, if they play it, or Friday I'm In Love if not.

Pictures of You is the best song they’ll play. I absolutely cannot wait to hear it live after they for some reason decided to omit it at Bestival 2011.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Pictures of You is the best song they’ll play. I absolutely cannot wait to hear it live after they for some reason decided to omit it at Bestival 2011.

They’re playing it at Glasto, it will be a moment. 

+1 for Pictures of You. A Forest as a strong #2