How Many Artists Have You Seen Each Year?

EMorgz92

After the first drop today and inevitable social media slagging off, seen a few people reiterate how little the music matters to the event itself. Out of interest, how many artists do you usually see at the festival (musical only)?

2014: 10 (first time, overwhelming)

2016: 8 (horrendous mud and rain)

2017: 15 (perfect weather - saw about 50% on the Sunday alone!)

Really shows how little the music impacts my personal festival experience!!

Edited by EMorgz92

In 2016 I can only remember watching DhakaBaraka (amazing), Hot Chip doing some Prince thing (I'm not a Prince fan....), Madness (bang average), Roisin Murphy (ace) and Craig Charles (always great value). I know I got dragged to PJ Harvey and Grimes on Sunday but we didn't see either of them out for various reasons. 

I would therefore score myself a poultry 5.5. I even looked at the first poster drop and know I didn't see any of the other acts on there. One would be forgiven for thinking I was either totally wrecked and/or sitting in the mud weeping about Brexit the whole time. 

But I know I saw more things....I just don't know what they were!

2014 I saw way more, and 2017 even more than that after learning from my previous mistakes and making a schedule!

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Awwww, Man! 

Genuinely, I don’t know. 

Can I say: “Lots. Final answer”?

:)

Ben

If you're honestly trying to convince us that you haven't kept all of your itineraries in a folder somewhere, I'm calling you oout on it right now :D

• Like 2

This outs me as an obsessive, not only do I break away from my festival friends to race around and catch a few bands, I have a list of every band I've seen at Glastonbury:

2003 - 18

2004 - 16

2005 - 19

2007 - 20

2008 - 21

2009 - 17

2010 - 21

2011 - 27

2013 - 31

2014 - 28

2015 - 24

2016 - 36

2017 - 38

...and if anyone's remotely interested, I've seen at least 1,147 different bands/acts at gigs and festivals over the last 47 years!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Well, to out me as an even bigger nerd, I have a Spotify playlist for each year I've been featuring the one standout song from each set I saw that weekend.    It's nice every now and then to just listen to, for example, my Glastonbury 2010 playlist and it all comes flooding back!