Does it make any difference?

Gabi_says

So, OK ... might not be the most exciting line-up we've ever seen, might even be terrible to some (?) but, does it really make any difference in how you feel about attending or how much you'll enjoy the festival?

Most of us have been saying for a long time that Glastonbury  is about much more than just the bands, but would you still go if there's only a handful of acts you'd like to see?

Yes, 100%. I guess my taste in music means most of the acts I will want to watch won't make it on to the poster. I also don't have my finger on the music pulse quite as much as some people on here, so like to treat Glastonbury as a voyage of discovery....and that's worked out very well for me in the past ? For me, this isn't any more or less underwhelming than any other year really (not including Radiohead, because they were known before the poster dropped)

Personally, I dread too good a lineup (though obviously it's all relative) as it means I'll spend less time in the Green Fields or T&C areas. We also like at least one night that we can get to the SE corner before the end of the headliners. The main thing I'd prefer would be the Cure to be on Friday or Saturday, rather than the Sunday. 

7 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

There's 50 acts on that poster.

That means there are HUNDREDS still to come. Plus lots of other non-music stuff.

In 2003, I saw 39 bands. In 2010 I saw six. 

Guess which festival I enjoyed more??

Trick question. 2017?

Yeah, it does make some difference. It's always great to have that 'oh my lord I can't possibly miss this' headliner on the Pyramid, but we all keep returning because we know with certainty that it will be amazing come what may.

In answer to the OP - No. Not a jot.

Regardless of who is on the bill I know for certain that come the fest I will be running about like a loon trying to cram as much music in as possible during those 3 days (I do my bimbling on weds & thurs) and with one eye on the clashfinder.

Todays poster provides me with an small idea of who I may see but once the main breakdown with stage splits hits that’s when the serious planning begins, and the ‘OMG’ reality of how the heck am I going to fit in all these bands - most of which I don’t know of yet.

cannot wait ?

But I can understand the perspective of people spending their money and wanting to see who they want to see. Fair dos if they go purely for the artists and bands they’re allowed to complain if it’s not to their tastes I guess. I just see Glastonbury in a totally different light to any other festival I’ve been too; V, T in the park, Kendall, latitude etc. I go to those festivals for the music and headliners, Glastonbury not so much.