Who on the lineup have you seen before?

FakeEmpire

B C U C were the surprise at Womad last year. Everybody was talking about them afterwards; CDs sold out instantly. It was the first time I have seen a mosh pit at a world music gig! They are from Soweto. Hard to describe them. Go and see. I reckon they’ll be on West Holts.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at the poster initially and thought ‘I’ve seen loads of those’ but actually, not so!

The Killers - last saw them at Glasto in 05 when they subbed the White Stripes, great gig, first saw them with about 9 other people at an NME gig at the Hammersmith Palais when they were 1st or 2nd on before the Ordinary Boys, The Stands & Jet, esteemed company!  

Tame Impala - Glasto 16 before Adele - super gig. 

Vampire Weekend - pyramid stage in about 2010? Third down I think and fun to watch

TGTBTQ - saw them before they released the first album in York Hall, Bethnal Green - really good & would love to see again

IDLES - saw them last year at Bearded Theory - lots of fun and will defo be watching them at Glasto 

Kate Tempest - only seen once, at last Glasto but my highlight of the weekend - incredible to watch 

Jungle - JP tent in 2014 or 16? Good gig but   not desperate to see again

Friendly Fires - saw them at New Slang in Kingston a few years ago, a good watch but not desperate to see again 

This is the Kit - very enjoyable at APE last year, will defo check them out again if no clashes 

1 minute ago, Andeeroo said:

Shitting hell - just remembered that godawful Liam Gallagher secret set opening the Other Stage. That's another one to add to the list.

Edit: Ah no, that was Beady Eye right? Same difference. 

Nah it’s not. For some reason he’s miles better on his own. Beady Eye were awful. 

1 hour ago, HeyPorter said:

Nah it’s not. For some reason he’s miles better on his own. Beady Eye were awful. 

Nope he was awful as Beady Eye in 13 and just as bad on the other in 17 (and don’t think I’m an oasis hater as whilst I wouldn’t rate them in my all time bands I loved them the three times I saw them)

The Killers x1 - secret set in 2017... played hits throughout, was great. 

The Cure x3 - smashed it everytime. 

Stormzy x1 - energetic, gets the crowd going. 

George Ezra x1 - bored me to tears. 

Tame Impala x5 - used to be very hit and miss live but really upped it in the last 2 or 3 years. Could be the set of the weekend. 

The Chemical Brothers x3 - a very solid option. Definitely watch if you haven't before. 

Two Door Cinema Club x9 - loved their first album but haven't followed theie musical output since. Saw them at NOS Alive in 2016(?) and it was fun still. 

Bastille x1 - watched them with someone I had met earlier in the day and they were rather forgettable. She's now my long-term girlfriend and doesn't like Bastille anymore. Perfect outcome :P

Snow Patrol x1 - was okay, a little bit better than expected. 

Cat Power x2 - often gets a bad rep but Chan nailed it both times I saw her. 

Years & Years x1 - not my cup of tea but very energetic, decent crowd interaction. 

The Good, The Bad & The Queen x1 - many moons ago but I remember enjoying it. 

Hot Chip x2 - guaranteed to nail it. 

Jon Hopkins x1 - superb at Primavera a few years back, not sure how I've not seen him since. I'm going to APE so will see Chems, Hot Chip and JH there and possibly not at the big G. Solid options to fall back on though. 

Santigold x1 - wayyy back on her debut album tour. Was great. 

The Streets x2 - once on their break-up tour and once since. Definitely still got it and should not be missed. 

Kamasi Washington x1 - great. If the sun's out, I can't think of many places I'd rather be. 

Johnny Marr x2 - worth a watch. I'd rather listen to him sing The Smiths' songs than Morrissey. 

Rex Orange County x1 - was on in the background. Was aite. 

Michael Kiwanuka x2 - good voice. 

Kate Tempest x1 - another I should've seen more. Phenomenal set on the park in 2017(?)

Loyle Carner x1 - was alright. Perhaps I need to listen more - he had a lot of hype but I don't really understand why. 

Jungle x1 - played before LCD at Lovebox and it worked really well. I'll see them again (clash permitting). 

Kurt Vile x2 - could watch him and the band all day. Ridiculous amount of great tracks to choose from these days. 

Interpol x11 - I try to see them at every opportunity and they never disappoint. Well worth a watch if you've never seen them. 

Friendly Fires x4 - so great to have them back. They were great before the hiatus and are even better now. Do not miss them. 

Sharon Van Etten x2 - her set on The Park a few years back was outstanding - one of my favourite ever Glastonbury sets. Check her out if you're not familiar.