Who on the lineup have you seen before?

FakeEmpire

Thought it might be interesting to see who has seen which acts before.   Might then be useful for those who are unsure on certain acts to get some feedback from people who have seen them previously.

My list:

The Cure x 3
The Killers x 3
Stormzy
Kylie x 3
George Ezra x 2
Liam Gallagher
Tame Impala
The Chemical Brothers
Vampire Weekend
Ms Lauryn Hill x 2
Janelle Monae
Christine and the Queens
Two Door Cinema Club x 2
Bastille x 2
Billie Eilish
Hozier
Sigrid
Snow Patrol
Cat Power
Years & Years
Sheryl Crow x 2
Hot Chip x 2
Stefflon Don
Santigold 
The Streets x 2
Lizzo
Idles x 3
Johnny Marr
Rex Orange County
Little Simz
Michael Kiwanuka
Kate Tempest
Loyle Carner
Jungle
Neneh Cherry
Kurt Vile
Interpol x 3
Pale Waves
Friendly Fires x 2
Fat White Family
This Is The Kit
Bugzy Malone x 3
Sam Fender
Shura

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Janelle Monae is unbelievably good live, and doesn’t often tour, so extremely jealous of anyone able to pop along to that.

The Killers are good value and pack the setlist with bangers.

Pale Waves and Two Door Cinema Club are a bit hit and miss, especially in front of crowds they have to win over.

George Ezra and Vampire Weekend are worth avoiding unless you like their stuff or could do with a nap.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

The Killers x 2
Liam Gallagher x 1 (as a solo performer)
Tame Impala x 1/2 (left early in 2016 to go and see CHVRCHES)
The Chemical Brothers x circa 10 (I've lost count)
Snow Patrol x 1
Hot Chip x 1
The Streets x 1
Idles x 2
Interpol x 2

Rest I've not seen before.

5 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Janelle Monae is unbelievably good live, and doesn’t often tour, so extremely jealous of anyone able to pop along to that.

The Killers are good value and pack the setlist with bangers.

Pale Waves and Two Door Cinema Club are a bit hit and miss.

George Ezra and Vampire Weekend are worth avoiding unless you like their stuff or could do with a nap.

Agree with all of these comments apart from Vampire Weekend.  I've only seen them once (at Glastonbury last time) and thought *they* were great but the crowd were terrible.

2 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Agree with all of these comments apart from Vampire Weekend.  I've only seen them once (at Glastonbury last time) and thought *they* were great but the crowd were terrible.

Maybe that’s the issue then. Saw them at Reading 2014 just before Paramore and there could’ve been nobody on stage for all the attention the hordes were paying.

The Killers
The Cure
Liam Gallagher
Tame Impala
The Chemical Brothers
Vampire Weekend
Ms. Lauryn Hill
Janelle Monae
Snow Patrol
Cat Power
The Good, The Bad & The Queen
Hot Chip
Santigold
IDLES
Diplo
Michael Kiwanuka
Neneh Cherry
Interpol
Sheryl Crow
Fatoumata Diawara
Low

Far too many to actually get excited about the poster

I saw Lizzo supporting Chvrches and honestly she was more memorable than them and they were very good. 

Janelle Monae x 1 - She was excellent

Kate Tempest x 7 (I think)She is always amazing, inspiring and just an amazing human being

Liam Gallagher (I've accidentally seen him twice) I won't be stupid enough to see him a third time. 

Hot Chip x2 They are better live than they are on record IMHO. I'll definitely go and see them barring any major clashes

George Ezra - I saw him support Tom Odell many years ago. I wasn't impressed instead preferring to buy an EP from The Wildflowers who were the other support act. It may be obvious why I'm not a talent spotter in the music industry but I stand by my decision. 

Tame Impala - I've seen once and enjoyed although wasn't especially memorable

Vampire Weekend - I've seen once or twice I'm not certain. They were at Glastonbury on the Pyramid stage. Crowd was a bit lacklustre but they performed quite well. Think they may well be better now that the singer has discovered his love of the festival

Two Door Cinema Club x 1.5. I saw them at their own gig and they were very good. Saw half a Glasto set on the Other Stage but left because where we were the sound was poor. 

Bastille - They actually supported Two Door Cinema Club not really my kind of thing but they did a great job as a support act. 

Hozier x 4 I know he gets a lot of stick on here but he has a great voice and is really good live. He seems a nice guy as well. First saw him on the BBC Introducing Stage playing to less than 50 people and he still performed brilliantly. 

Snow Patrol x1 - They were a support act. They seemed ok it was before they were very famous and a big venue so they weren't getting a lot of attention

Sheryl Crow x1 - A friend bought me a ticket because they didn't want to go alone. This was late 90's so not at all recent but I remember she made all staff take cameras off everybody taking photos even though it was Manchester Arena and all the photos would have been shit. It soured my experience of the gig and made me think she was a bit of a dick. I wasn't really a fan to begin with and I seem to recall she played and sang perfectly fine but seeing people having their camera taken off them just pissed me off. 

Johnny Marr x 2 - Excellent both times. Lovely guy and The Smith stuff he does usually gives me goosebumps and I'm not the hugest Smiths fan. 

Mavis Staples x 1 but it will definitely be x 2 after this Glastonbury. She was fantastic and since then has also released If All I Were Was Black which is a great album. Can't wait to hear some of that live. Probably the act on the line up I'm most happy to see. Don't miss the chance to see this legend and all round amazing human being. 

Sharon Van Etten x 1 She was great but it was at Glastonbury and had met a friend who wouldn't stop talking all te way through so looking forward to seeing her again

This Is The KIt x 1 Really great live. Saw her at The Deaf Institute and was a fantastic gig. 

Just realised I saw Jungle as well. They were a bit underwhelming. The were the main act and I think they only played just over half an hour. The journey from my house to the venue took a lot longer. I've not really listened to them much since. 

Edited by gigpusher

The Cure, Stormzy, Tame Impala, The Chemical Brothers, Christine and the Queens, Jorja Smith, Hot Chip, The Streets, Kamasi Washington, Idels, Diplo, Loyle Carner, The Comet is Coming, Sons of Kemet, Friendly Fires, Maribou State

And most of them I've seen in the last 12/18 months and am seeing again at other festivals this summer which makes this a bit of a let down for me at least :( not really the most imaginative bookings at all.  I think the only acts I'd want to see again are Sons of Kemet and The Comet is Coming and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to see them live somewhere else this year.

V. surprised by The Killers headlining.  I didn't even know they were still that much of a going concern? 

• The Killers
  • The Cure x12
  • Kylie
  • Liam Gallagher
  • Vampire Weekend
  • Tame Impala
  • Chemical Brothers
  • Two Door Cinema Club
  • Snow Patrol
  • Wu-Tang Clan
  • IDLES
  • Johnny Marr
  • Interpol
  • Pale Waves
  • Friendly Fires
  • Fat White Family

Out of all of them the only ones i'd be bothered seeing again are The Cure, Kylie, IDLES and possibly Friendly Fires.

Edited by cdm22

Stormzy x2

Vampire Weekend x2

Janelle Monae

Billie Eilish

Sigrid

Anne-Marie

Hot Chip x2

Stefflon Don

Santigold

The Streets

Lizzo

Pale Waves x2

Sam Fender

--------------------------------------------------

Stormzy's amazing. People will come away impressed with Sam Fender. Be interesting to see Billie Eilish at Glastonbury. I was at her gig 2 weeks ago and you could barely hear her over the rabid fans singing along. I go to a lot of gigs like that (1D, Halsey, 5SOS) and this was the first one where it was genuinely drowning out the performance.

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Forgot about Jungle, seen them twice. Another one who will be magical if put in front of an energetic crowd but sleep-inducing if tasked with engaging Pyramid dwellers, so hopefully they’re on the Park or something.

West Holts Sunday apparently.   Seems a good choice.   

Loved them on the Other Stage, we had a good spot where everyone was dancing.

A few of them

The Cure x 2
The Killers x 5 (might be more?)
Kylie x 3
Liam Gallagher
Tame Impala
The Chemical Brothers x2
Vampire Weekend x2
Christine and the Queens
Two Door Cinema Club x 3
Bastille (unfortunately)
Snow Patrol x2
Cat Power
Hot Chip 
Santigold 
Idles x2
Johnny Marr
Interpol 
Friendly Fires x 2
Fat White Family

The Killers (at T in the Park, was a good sing along)
Snow Patrol (wasn't a fan before seeing them, still not a fan after seeing them)
George Ezra (in John Peel tent, was distracted by the fact it looked like he was trying to eat the microphone whilst singing)
The Chemical Brothers (only caught the end of their set at T in the Park, would like to see them properly)
Vampire Weekend (enjoyed their previous Glasto set)
Bastille (not really a fan but somehow always seem to end up seeing them at Glastonbury and to be fair to the singer he's a pretty good frontman)
Year & Years (loved their John Peel set)
Interpol (fairly sure I've been dragged to see them at a festival and found it a very meh experience)
Friendly Fires (saw them in BBC introducing tent at Glasto, it was packed)

Edited by found home in 2009