Worst line up in the last 10 years?

Xeph1995

Pendulum might be a shout to replace The Prodigy on the other stage now that they are back together playing live, saw them last year at leeds and they killed it. Considering they have been on hiatus for so long could be a mental night. I know they werent impressed last time they played but I can't for the life of me understand why Pendulum were booked for middle of the day Pyramid. 

Edited by Xeph1995

2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

The implication being that purely being different or rare makes them preferable? Few obvious flaws in that one. 

Tame Impala on the Other Stage is a fantastic booking, there won't be many festivals managing to get an act of that calibre on their second stage very often, and it won't happen much with Tame Impala in the future either. 

Well of course it makes a difference if - like a lot of us - you're a serial attendee.  It's partly what inspires the loyalty.  If you're a one-time attendee it doesn't really factor in.

As for Tame Impala, their set before Pulp in The Park in 2011 is comfortably the worst thing I've ever seen at Glastonbury.  I've seen them since then and they've been better and I agree it's a pretty decent booking.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Well of course it makes a difference if - like a lot of us - you're a serial attendee.  It's partly what inspires the loyalty.  If you're a one-time attendee it doesn't really factor in.

As for Tame Impala, their set before Pulp in The Park in 2011 is comfortably the worst thing I've ever seen at Glastonbury.  I've seen them since then and they've been better and I agree it's a pretty decent booking.

I was dragged along to their Pyramid set in 2016 and was so bored but was too far into the pyramid squish to exit without pissing people off..

8 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Pendulum might be a shout to replace The Prodigy on the other stage now that they are back together playing live, saw them last year at leeds and they killed it. Considering they have been on hiatus for so long could be a mental night. I know they werent impressed last time they played but I can't for the life of me understand why Pendulum were booked for middle of the day Pyramid. 

It wasn't really middle of the day.  They were the penultimate act, though they were totally misplaced.

They could do the OS this year, but I'm hopeless as guessing where acts should be on a bill.

16 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

I was dragged along to their Pyramid set in 2016 and was so bored but was too far into the pyramid squish to exit without pissing people off..

I thought tame impala were one of my hilights of 2016 great vibe and the sun came out for them at the end of a mud fest weekend 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

But also recall tales from my brother of the amount of piss being slung about at Donington back in the day.

Tried that once, tripped over someone comatose on the floor, poured it over myself. Serves me right, oh how we laughed.

Different times and all that.

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Oh how all us women laugh when we sit around reading that the only reason talented musicians are added as tokenism. Who knew having a vagina precluded you from being worthy of a place on the bill. 

Shameful stuff. All this pithy blather about “decent rock”. Puke.

If the women confirmed so far weren’t on this bill it is an ABSOLUTE mess. Female performers have rescued this announcement from a mortifying spectacle of Gareth from the office’s iPod irrelevance.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Miley and Janet are one time deals,  which on the whole is preferable to acts like Tame Impala and Two Door Cinema Club who're on practically every year.  Theyre the sort of 'only at Glastonbury' bookings that differentiate the G from other more pedestrian festivals that do book from the same pool of acts every time.

Not convinced on Miley being a one time deal. A lot of her ethos lines up with the Glasto and shes well known for enjoying going to fests in general (tho I guess she could easily turn into just a punter rather than a performer)

33 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Oh how all us women laugh when we sit around reading that the only reason talented musicians are added as tokenism. Who knew having a vagina precluded you from being worthy of a place on the bill. 

FINALLY someone gets it.

(Please don't hurt me...)

8 minutes ago, jyoung said:

People slagging off pop music is the single most boring thing in the world. 

Slagging off music because it's pop is boring, as is slagging off any music. Slagging off crap music, whatever the genre is the very essence of around 40% of the posts on this site. We live for it.

4 hours ago, Chinaski_ said:

Festivals should book whoever they want without the likes of Lily Allen piping up and demanding who festivals should be booking. 

I'm not sure why you think that? If I'll indulgently sit here and read your opinions, then why shouldn't you do the same with hers? 

Edited by clarkete

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

I'm but sure why you think that? If I'll indulgently sit here and read your opinions, then why shouldn't you do the same with hers? 

Because she can afford to run her own festival and has the connections to do so, whereas I don't. 

14 minutes ago, jyoung said:

People slagging off pop music is the single most boring thing in the world. 

No different to pop fans slagging off rock and calling it childish things like "White men with guitars".