Worst line up in the last 10 years?

Xeph1995

43 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Which is why I think this article is bollocks made up by a right wing paper to just take a stab at Glastonbury. 

If it makes getting tickets for the 50th easier let’s do it!

I think it's more a case of taking a stab at the BBC, which has been the Murdoch press' raison d'etre for many years.

8 minutes ago, DJL said:

I think having the Prodigy on the line-up would have made the top third look better and more balanced. 

Completely agree. Always like to have one big headliner I'm really looking forward to. Prodigy would have been a great Saturday night.

17 minutes ago, DJL said:

I think having the Prodigy on the line-up would have made the top third look better and more balanced. 

I conpletely agree. Especially vs the Killers. 

Are the Chems definitely Sunday? So far, I have 2 headliners Id like to see.... 1 definitely sunday, 1 probably sunday.

10 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I conpletely agree. Especially vs the Killers. 

Are the Chems definitely Sunday? So far, I have 2 headliners Id like to see.... 1 definitely sunday, 1 probably sunday.

Seems that way. Have a gig on the Friday and The Prodge were apparently set for Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Here's the last 4. 

Screenshot_20190317-141043_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6fc90803aa06d605f3657b754fd8c141.jpg

Screenshot_20190317-141015_Chrome.thumb.jpg.09f592d82e9f43fb8680340443adf96c.jpg

Screenshot_20190317-141123_Chrome.thumb.jpg.030ee73b5b0f9f9e081076f101e387fc.jpg

Screenshot_20190317-141214_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b71d940591e0b515bb48ea345cecf3d3.jpg

This years definitely seems weaker than those but not by much and partly due to the fact that there are fewer names on it.

Criticism of the line up seems fair but when folk start saying it's totally shite or not good enough is the point where I think the person complaining opens themselves up to criticism.

If what BBC is saying is true it would have been way better. Just by having McCartney and Lana Del Rey the lineup sounds much stronger. With Gaga would have been great. 

Where are the dance acts btw? Justice, deadmau5, major lazer etc? 

Edited by yosoyyoberdi

This information is probably listed somewhere already. But while waiting for the footy to start, I did a quick tally...

From the first poster drop in 2017, the confirmed acts by stage were.... 

Pyramid - 12 of 25. 
Other - 17 of 27.
WH - 14 of 24
Park - 13 of 27 
JP - 15 of 29
Acoustic 2 of 30 
Arcadia 2 of ... Many. 
Plus one each from Sonic, Glade, Avalon, WG, Clash and Kids Field (hello Dynamo). 

The list did include Headliner and Sub for all 5 main stages, but be wary of patterns. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Realistically though we can probably only expect there to be 2 or 3 big names still to come.

So add 2 or 3 big names plus Lana Del Ray, Prodigy and swap The Killers for a Beatle and you've got yourself something at least as good as recent years.

3 minutes ago, mcshed said:

So add 2 or 3 big names plus Lana Del Ray, Prodigy and swap The Killers for a Beatle and you've got yourself something at least as good as recent years.

Pretty much.  I could use a couple of more heritage-y rock acts in there - John Fogerty, Alice Cooper, etc - but generally the undercard is alright.  Switch the Killers for Gaga, Macca, Neil or Elton and I don't think it's historically bad.

1 hour ago, fatyeti24 said:

I think it's more a case of taking a stab at the BBC, which has been the Murdoch press' raison d'etre for many years.

Definitely this .... "said a corporation source". I.E. we made the article up to have a dig at Glastonbury (sponsored by The Guardian) and the Beeb. There will be plenty of fluff for the BBC show - the line-up is Pop-tastic in places. I'm sure they'd rather have JJ & Miley as a sub rather than The National or Beck.

46 minutes ago, mcshed said:

This years definitely seems weaker than those but not by much and partly due to the fact that there are fewer names on it.

Criticism of the line up seems fair but when folk start saying it's totally shite or not good enough is the point where I think the person complaining opens themselves up to criticism.

what I have notice is that this years has about  20 less atrists on it than 2017 , and generally between 10 & 15 less than most of the others .