Worst line up in the last 10 years?

Xeph1995

4 hours ago, chatty said:

Mad Cool has a far better line up in the same month and its only in Spain. I think most festivals have done better this year tbh, its nowt to do with touring acts, 50th anniversary, acts unaffordable. Theyve just dropped the ball, trying to play to coy with the PC stuff and started booking irrelevant acts like Janet Jackson that people forgot about and dont really care for so they can appear to have a gender balance. 

Oh for gods sake. Booking female acts is not PC.

its booking female acts

edit: just seen this has been discussed by others on later pages but I just had to comment. Why do female bookings always have to be justified why can’t festivals just book female acts?

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Oh for gods sake. Booking female acts is not PC.

its booking female acts

edit: just seen this has been discussed by others on later pages but I just had to comment. Why do female bookings always have to be justified why can’t festivals just book female acts?

It is if they are booking them just for the sake of booking female acts. 

They should just book the beat bands they can get, matterless of gender. 

Hell, their Asian quota is a disgrace, they should at least book Babymetal just so they can have an Asian act who is also female. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, chatty said:

It is if they are booking them just for the sake of booking female acts. 

They should just book the beat bands they can get, matterless of gender. 

Hell, their Asian quota is a disgrace, they should at least book Babymetal just so they can have an Asian act who is also female. 

On absolutely no authority you have heard they are booking them because they are female that is something that you have decided by seeing women on a lineup.

I hope you understand that what you are saying is indirectly sexist. You are equating females in high billed slots to being put there to fill a quota and not because of talent.

Regardless of today’s culture Janet, Kylie, Miley are three huge artists that can tour comfortably without glastonbury. Their slot is proportionate to what attention and crowd they would get.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

On absolutely no authority you have heard they are booking them because they are female that is something that you have decided by seeing women on a lineup.

I hope you understand that what you are saying is indirectly sexist. You are equating females in high billed slots to being put there to fill a quota and not because of talent.

Regardless of today’s culture Janet, Kylie, Miley are three huge artists that can tour comfortably without glastonbury. Their slot is proportionate to what attention and crowd they would get.

In your opinion maybe. Most people I've spoken to and on this forum don't think JJ should be on the top few lines of the poster. She's not a big name these days in the UK and is too high up the poster. If she was lower down near Sheryl Crow etc nothing would have been mentioned about this imo.

No ones complaining about Kylie apart from saying she's the first legend to get on the top line. Dolly Parton didn't even get on the top line.

29 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Ill just give you a direct quote instead:

“The gender balance is something I consider at every stage of the booking process.

“We’re a little way off being 50/50 across the whole festival, but in 2017 the Park Stage was 50/50 and that will be the case on other stages this year. We’re definitely moving in the right direction.”

11 minutes ago, Glastocat said:

No ones complaining about Kylie apart from saying she's the first legend to get on the top line. Dolly Parton didn't even get on the top line.

Festival has gone to shit. Bring back the days when Jurassic 5 were on the top line of the poster, none of this Janet Jackson and Kylie Minogue shite.

39de40e4f1ebfb879e128ebf4f3f58b2.jpg

34 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

'Glastonbury has also encountered problems of gender imbalance. Male artists had complained in the past that they had been moved down the bill below lesser-known female artists so as to give the impression of a good balance of the genders.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/worst-ever-glastonbury-line-up-dismays-bbc-0hpvt68xt

Edited by yosoyyoberdi
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In that case there's nothing to worry about on that score, but they do have some tough questions to answer on why they've booked some of the men on there.

For sure. Stormzy shouldnt be headlining and wil likely have a poor crowd for a pyramid headliner. 

Hes literally done nothing musically since subbing the Other stage last time. 

We can start there if you want then move onto the Killers and Liam Gallagher. 

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Festival has gone to shit. Bring back the days when Jurassic 5 were on the top line of the poster, none of this Janet Jackson and Kylie Minogue shite.

39de40e4f1ebfb879e128ebf4f3f58b2.jpg

?Fair enough mate.

That line up is miles better than this years mind.?

8 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

'Glastonbury has also encountered problems of gender imbalance. Male artists had complained in the past that they had been moved down the bill below lesser-known female artists so as to give the impression of a good balance of the genders.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/worst-ever-glastonbury-line-up-dismays-bbc-0hpvt68xt

What a stupid article.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

As the 'OP' on this, Kylie's booking was never mentioned FYI (as she is clearly a great booking - even though I personally have no interest in seeing her). It was Janet Jackson, Miley Cyrus, Sheryl Crow plus Lauryn Hill (the latter purely on the basis of her crap live rep). I completely agree with the guy a few messages ago saying they don;'t know any JJ songs.

Genuinely baffled what your issue with Sheryl Crow playing is. Are you mixing her up with Cheryl off of the X Factor?

19 minutes ago, chatty said:

For sure. Stormzy shouldnt be headlining and wil likely have a poor crowd for a pyramid headliner. 

Hes literally done nothing musically since subbing the Other stage last time. 

We can start there if you want then move onto the Killers and Liam Gallagher. 

Like I don't like The Killers but I can see why they are headling, but Stormzy is a big scratch on the head. I don't really get why he was booked to headline? kinda seems odd. When Jay z and Kanye did it can see why, they both had a big catalague and had paid their dues so to speak. 

For the record I actually think Jay z and Kanye were good bookings, though I understand they were a little contraversial at the time.

Edited by Xeph1995

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Stoked for all the fans who are going to go along and love their sets.

asked several days ago who on here is planning to go and see all three.

Current total:

Maybe: 1

Yes: 0