Worst line up in the last 10 years?

Xeph1995

28 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Could be worse. Look at Woodstock 50

IMG_20190319_231347.thumb.jpg.2445cd9abed19dd351bdf193c0282a5a.jpg

IMO that shits all over Glastonbury and from a fair height. 

Santana, Raconteurs, Robert Plant, John Fogerty, Black Keys, Sturgill Simpson, GVF, Gary Clarke, Cage The Elephant, Jay Z, Imagine Dragons, Change the Rapper. Not even into some of those but its easy to see its of a far higher standard than Glastonbury with bigger names and more diverse (from what we have so far). 

Id swap that just for any of the singke day line ups tbh. Just to kick it in the bollocks it has half of Glastos line up as well as all the extra. 

EDIT - the more I look at that one the better it gets tbh, Canned Heat, The Zombies, Dave Crosby, Courtney Barnett. Its like the opposite of Glasto 19 which the more I explore it, the worse it gets. 

Edited by chatty

4 minutes ago, chatty said:

Santana, Raconteurs, Robert Plant, John Fogerty, Black Keys, Sturgill Simpson, GVF, Gary Clarke, Cage The Elephant, Jay Z, Imagine Dragons, Change the Rapper. Not even into some of those but its easy to see its of a far higher standard than Glastonbury with bigger names and more diverse (from what we have so far). 

Id swap that just for any of the singke day line ups tbh. Just to kicknit in the bollocks it has half of Glastos line up as well as all the extra. 

Listing blokes, and predominantly blokes with guitars, is an odd definition of diverse. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Listing blokes, and predominantly blokes with guitars, is an odd definition of diverse. 

Because every single rock band sounds exactly the same and there aren't a vary of genres! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Canned Heat when they’re announced for Woodstock 100

It's sad that they're still a band, when blind owl and the bear died they should have called it a day, they're almost beach boys level of recycled bike parts being called the same bike

Edited by Xeph1995

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I’m interested to know which lineup* people think is the worst in the last ten years, if they don’t think it’s this one.

*based on first poster alone, I suppose would be fair.

Any with Coldplay on it. 

6 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Any with Coldplay on it. 

Mate 2016 was banging, Sunday night was Gary Clark Jr into Earth Wind and Fire. You also had Explosions in the Sky and Sigur Ros on the Friday. Philip glass was cool to see on the Saturday too to name a few.

Edited by Xeph1995

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I’m interested to know which lineup* people think is the worst in the last ten years, if they don’t think it’s this one.

2014 imo is the worst glastonbury lineup in the past 20 years. Many of the bands who played quite high that year would not play that high now

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Mate 2016 was banging, Sunday night was Gary Clark Jr into Earth Wind and Fire. You also had Explosions in the Sky and Sigur Ros on the Friday. Philip glass was cool to see on the Saturday too to name a few.

2016 was decent. It's hard to find first announcement posters to have a real look though. 

1 minute ago, Chinaski_ said:

2016 was decent. It's hard to find first announcement posters to have a real look though. 

2016 was a heckling strong year.

I think 2014 is the only lineup I can really recall that felt like it was missing a bit of star power. 2019 is very heavy on star power regardless of what this board thinks.

29 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

2016 was a heckling strong year.

I think 2014 is the only lineup I can really recall that felt like it was missing a bit of star power. 2019 is very heavy on star power regardless of what this board thinks.

Looking at it now, a lot of stuff I'd watch Arcade Fire, Jack White, B B King, Jurassic 5, De La Soul, Pixies, Mogwai, Bryan Ferry, Dolly, Parquet Courts. Can't remember the original release though, so they probably weren't all on it. 

Edit must be half asleep as I thought I saw BB King on 2014. ?

2011 looks pretty mediocre to me. Although it does have BB King and Duane Eddy! 

Edited by Chinaski_

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Theres no bad lineups, only bad attitudes. 

2 hours ago, Keithy said:

Could be worse. Look at Woodstock 50

IMG_20190319_231347.thumb.jpg.2445cd9abed19dd351bdf193c0282a5a.jpg

i hope you're joking...as much as I'm against the whole idea of this replication, there's some amazing stuff on there, not just the Dead & Co, David Crosby (who's on fire these days) and Robert Plant, Jack White, Santana (w/ Neal Schon in his lineup these days), Fogerty, Leon Bridges AND Gary Clark Jr, Brandi Carlile, Black Keys, i could go on....

44 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Looking at it now, a lot of stuff I'd watch Arcade Fire, Jack White, B B King, Jurassic 5, De La Soul, Pixies, Mogwai, Bryan Ferry, Dolly, Parquet Courts. Can't remember the original release though, so they probably weren't all on it. 

It's easily better than this year though, although I haven't seen the original poster either.

Just look at the headliners for starters, even if you don't like them it's obvious they're miles better than this years. 

Pyramid  U2  Coldplay  Beyoncé.

Other  Primal Scream  The chemical brothers  QOTSA

West Holts  Cee lo green  Big boi  Kool and the gang.

2 hours ago, chatty said:

Id swap that just for any of the singke day line ups tbh. Just to kick it in the bollocks it has half of Glastos line up as well as all the extra. 

EDIT - the more I look at that one the better it gets tbh, Canned Heat, The Zombies, Dave Crosby, Courtney Barnett. Its like the opposite of Glasto 19 which the more I explore it, the worse it gets. 

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

and I thought you were going to lay into @chatty because he listed 12 acts (including Greta Van Fleet!) and then edits to add in 4 more and yet still didn't mention The Dead 

1 hour ago, Chinaski_ said:

While arcade fire would be great I feel they really didn’t make an impact on the festival and I think most people forget they even played. jack white (whilst being a hero of mine) was a mess and clearly drunk on stage.

imo the only reason the public remembers 2014 is because of Dolly. It’s definitely the year that had the least impact on the minds of the public and goers across recent history.

6 hours ago, chatty said:

Women singing only R n B and Pop is hardly diverse either really though. 

The line-up is still dominated by men though.

Besides, those sort of comments at about the entire spectrum of music festivals across the years, not just one specific poster in 2019.  Men with guitars still dominate.

If the poster is bad it's not because of Lizzo or Sigrid.

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

While arcade fire would be great I feel they really didn’t make an impact on the festival and I think most people forget they even played. jack white (whilst being a hero of mine) was a mess and clearly drunk on stage.

imo the only reason the public remembers 2014 is because of Dolly. It’s definitely the year that had the least impact on the minds of the public and goers across recent history.

Depends who you talk to. People who were not there ask me about Metallica more than most other headliners.

2015 for me is the less memorable year.. yes it had Kanye, but I didn't watch him, so he had no effect on my festival.