Worst line up in the last 10 years?

Xeph1995

1 hour ago, tevaburger said:

it was something that was big in the 80's I'd argue and then continued into the 90's. I remember 'tame' gigs like U2 at Wembley Stadium in '87 and Simple Minds '86 Milton Keynes that were bouncers, 

I was at one of U2’s Wembley gigs in ‘87 and when the band came on there was a huge surge in the crowd. I remember thinking if anyone went down they’d be completely fucked, quite scary. My feet were off the ground and when I managed to get them back down I was nowhere near where I’d be standing before. Took me ages to find my gf, who I’d be standing next to. 

Won’t be like that for George Ezra.

12 minutes ago, Anarion said:

No doubt that the crowd at Glastonbury can bounce in this day and age as well, just need to give em something to bounce to (check at 2:02):

The regulars won't approve but that was as lively as I've seen that usually static field in ten years of going. 

Ok, so I've only been going since 2008 but still, was a great atmosphere and a lot of fun.

13 minutes ago, Anarion said:

No doubt that the crowd at Glastonbury can bounce in this day and age as well, just need to give em something to bounce to (check at 2:02):

I had to endure Kasabian as i was up pretty close in the pit for their 'special guest' spot pre-Springsteen 2009 and that was a lot of up and down for that. I remember I was next to someone my age who was also there to claim good 'Springsteen real estate' and also wasn't as familiar with their songs and we were commenting on some of the song titles that singer-with-the-weird-haircut-and-odd-jacket was introducing...  "Fire...uh-oh...that sounds like it's going to be a jumping one!" 

On 3/19/2019 at 3:48 PM, tevaburger said:

I had to endure Kasabian as i was up pretty close in the pit for their 'special guest' spot pre-Springsteen 2009 and that was a lot of up and down for that. I remember I was next to someone my age who was also there to claim good 'Springsteen real estate' and also wasn't as familiar with their songs and we were commenting on some of the song titles that singer-with-the-weird-haircut-and-odd-jacket was introducing...  "Fire...uh-oh...that sounds like it's going to be a jumping one!" 

I say "endure" but looking back at it later, especially on tv, it was actually better than I was admitting at the time. Empire and Underdog (opener) were stellar that night. 

Edited by tevaburger

35 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The regulars won't approve but that was as lively as I've seen that usually static field in ten years of going.

Ok, so I've only been going since 2008 but still, was a great atmosphere and a lot of fun.

Agreed, say what you want about their music but they know how to get a crowd going. And this was on the Sunday after a tough festival weatherwise

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Agreed. I don't like them on record, apart from Club Foot, but they're a great live act and get the crowd going and have a bit of arrogance about them. I'd rather watch them headline than The Killers or Stormzy. 

6 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Fucking he’ll, we’ve entered the ‘actually, even Kasabian would have been better than what we’ve got’ phase now. Kings of Leon reappraisal next.

If it were the first two albums only I'd be down, but none of that Sex on Fire shite. 

Just now, Keithy said:

Tsk. I bet you both find the new Partridge series better too.

This country.

Not watched it.

But... the Sunday's a bit weak, love Hollis Brown though, but the Friday is excellent and plenty on Saturday too.

Is it lacking deliverers of bangers and bops? :D

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Not watched it.

But... the Sunday's a bit weak, love Hollis Brown though, but the Friday is excellent and plenty on Saturday too.

Is it lacking deliverers of bangers and bops? :D

You see that line up does little for me tbh.

Would take Cherry Glazeer, Pussy Riot, Courtney Barnett....can leave the rest. The Saturday is especially weak for me.