Worst line up in the last 10 years?

Xeph1995

6 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Yeah they could definitely do the Other but reckon they're still Pyramis sized based on this year. They sold out Hyde Park last year and do fairly big arena gigs.

Not sure how but think they are weirdly popular still - probably as there's some younger fans mixed with those who still go for some nostalgia and the old stuff.  I'm not bothered either way, just was an observation but I think they would get a fairly good crowd.

This shocks me, I consider myself to be fairly up to speed with music these days, but I couldn't name a single thing they've put out after American Idiot, and that was 2004.

10 minutes ago, Skoo said:

I can see the reasoning for booking The Killers again. It was a secret set last time and it was rammed, loads of people missed out. 

Wonder how many people seen the Killers last time? How many does the new John Peel tent hold, plus all those stood outside?

13 minutes ago, Skoo said:

I can see the reasoning for booking The Killers again. It was a secret set last time and it was rammed, loads of people missed out. 

Not doubting that The Killers will pull a decent crowd come June, but surely pointing to the secret set last year is a bit of a red herring? People are naturally drawn to secret sets and the pull of seeing a headline sized in a small tent when there wasn't a huge amount on against them was clearly a big factor.

There are dozens of acts who would pull a similar sized crowd under the same conditions.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

This shocks me, I consider myself to be fairly up to speed with music these days, but I couldn't name a single thing they've put out after American Idiot, and that was 2004.

In fairness I don't think you have missed anything good but Wiki says their last album went to number 1 in 2016 and they headlined Hyde Park in 2017.

9 minutes ago, Ged Devereux said:

Wonder how many people seen the Killers last time? How many does the new John Peel tent hold, plus all those stood outside?

No idea. I just remember reading a bunch of stuff online after 2017 from people being upset at having missed out, along with a load of glowing reviews about how great it was, from the people who had managed to get a decent spot.

So I can see why the organisers might think, fuck it, let's get them on to headline given how well they seemed to go down.

Appreciate there are other acts they could have booked instead but I can still see the rationale.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I dunno, based on the new album...it's a bit meh. 

In an ideal world they'd play the entirety of Pinkerton from start to finish, with a few tracks off the Blue album thrown in.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'll concede no Hash Pipe if they can play their cover of Africa.

I couldn't get past the first 15 seconds of their Rosanna cover without turning off in disgust. Why ruin one of the greatest drum grooves of all time? 

24 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

I couldn't get past the first 15 seconds of their Rosanna cover without turning off in disgust. Why ruin one of the greatest drum grooves of all time? 

Yeah but that was great because the whole world wanted them to cover Africa and they blindsided us with that. I don't think I've ever tried to listen to it.

On 3/18/2019 at 10:57 AM, Chinaski_ said:

Not so sure about that. I saw Thurston Moore play to the worst crowd ever and Katy Perry had one of the biggest of the festival last time. 

Why what was wrong with the crowd? I was there for him at the back and it was a great set, yeah it wasn't rammed but certainly wasn't empty either (King Gizzard on after was rammed mind you!)