Worst line up in the last 10 years?

Xeph1995

6 hours ago, Glastoooooo said:

Personally think as they released the headliners with the poster so early on theres something very big to come.

Still the like of foals, whoever replaces The Prodigy or maybe even them, strokes and your Tom Grennans, Lewis Capaldis!

Genuinely curious - something very big like who? And where would they go on the line-up?

I still think there will be some fairly big names left to come (Other headliner, third down Pyramid rock act, possibly some fourth down Pyramid acts) but I’d say we’ve certainly got the biggest names on the lineup already and I can’t see anybody like Foals or The Strokes being added.

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I still think there will be some fairly big names left to come (Other headliner, third down Pyramid rock act, possibly some fourth down Pyramid acts) but I’d say we’ve certainly got the biggest names on the lineup already and I can’t see anybody like Foals or The Strokes being added.

Would tend to agree with this. Best hope for "big names" appearing will be via the Secret Set route I would have thought. Heres hoping!

Been blasting through a load of acts Ive never really listened to so since last night Ive gave Rex Orange County, Billie Eilish, Jorja Smith, Pale Waves, Michael Kiwanduka, Hozier, Cat Power and Years and Years a blast and I found that they are all decisively average, morose sounding borefests. 

Thus far the more I delve into the poster, the worst it is getting. Who would have thought the future of music was also the cure the for insomnia eh? 

Purely from a more mature female who goes solo it isn't really my cup of tea and would prefer something more meatier (loved 2017 FooFighters and Sunday afternoon ) 

I didn't get a ticket this time round so won't go for the resale.  I have booked Ramblin Man this year as Sunday afternoon(my birthday) with a bit of nostalgic Foreigner feeds my festival needs this summer 

I asked my daughter what she thought and she feels a lot like many of you that the lineup for them as a group is weak , but is still looking forward to it as they have a big group who have a special time every year they go 

From others who have seen the first poster  there was  some disparaging remarks as in " rewind is far better" I don't know I haven't looked.

I'm sure those who feel a little despondent it will still be a great few days but maybe a different one this year.

My biggest fear is that with Janet Jackson on I sincerely hope there aren't  some vile people around who could make comments in light of the recent documentary  , there are always some idiots around 

Having listened to everyone on the poster I hadn't heard of, I've got 20 from there that sound as though I'd either want to see them, or warrant more listening to, in order to form an opinion. Of those 20, 9 were new to me. In addition, there's a further 6 as TBC, not on the poster, who I expect to show up. With way more than half the line up to come. 

Way more worried about the clashes than the quality  at  this stage.

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude

Just now, Harry49 said:

Would tend to agree with this. Best hope for "big names" appearing will be via the Secret Set route I would have thought. Heres hoping!

There's possibly an Other headliner to come and not much more surely? The Pyramid headiners and subs are there, along with two Other headliners, plus the legend. I think one of the big disappointments is that the Pyramid subs are all crap choices (in my opinion). I'm not a Kylie fan - but I can still see she's a cracking booking for the festival. The :Pyramid subs - not so much!

Edited by Homer

Glastonbury's a bit cursed by expectation really.  The flip side to a lot of the "worst lineup ever" comments is a lot of other comments that point out how other festivals would kill for the scale and range of bands that Glastonbury's announced.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Glastonbury's a bit cursed by expectation really.  The flip side to a lot of the "worst lineup ever" comments is a lot of other comments that point out how other festivals would kill for the scale and range of bands that Glastonbury's announced.

Indeed.  This year's line up may not be the best compared to previous years, especially as it is lacking a massive marque headliner but I'd say it's easily as strong across the board as anything else in this country.

We haven't even seen or have any idea what's going to be on Arcadia, the SEC, Silver hayes, the acoustic field, Avalon etc so there's still a few surprises in store.  

That and most of all, part of the fun of Glastonbury is getting completely blown away by something unexpected.  It'd be interesting to see what people thought what would be the highlight of their festival compared to what it actually was

7 minutes ago, flyleen said:

Would have to loved to see Green Day playing a main stage. Maybe a secret gig by a big name like last year's Killers gig.

I know Green Day are naff and would get a reaction around here but do think they would be a better choice than The Killers really. Seems slightly strange they haven't ever done it considering their popularity and the lack of options/repeats that have happened. Feels like they almost should have headlined accidentally at some point.

Edited by strummer77

6 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

I know Green Day are naff and would get a reaction around here but do think they would be a better choice than The Killers really. Seems slightly strange they haven't ever done it considering their popularity and the lack of options/repeats that have happened. Feels like they almost should have headlined accidentally at some point.

Id take The Killers over Green Day..

8 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Id take The Killers over Green Day..

Cool.

I'm not actually meaning to criticise the festival as think the headliners are fairly par for the course festival wise. More meant that with all the options we have had, and repeats, I'm surprised they never got the gig considering their mainstream success.

Edited by strummer77

Tbh, we're our own worst enemy with Glastonbury. When we start the headliner thread, the starting point always seems to be every single band in the world is playing and unless they are formally discounted by other commitments, we convince ourselves that there's a good chance they are playing.

So in the lead up to the poster drop, we have this completely unrealistic lineup in our heads and the poster is then perceived to be weak when in fact it's nothing such.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don't mind Green Day, but you're about 15 years late if you want them to headline the Pyramid. Has anyone cared since American Idiot?

They'd do a job on the Other mind...

Yeah they could definitely do the Other but reckon they're still Pyramis sized based on this year. They sold out Hyde Park last year and do fairly big arena gigs.

Not sure how but think they are weirdly popular still - probably as there's some younger fans mixed with those who still go for some nostalgia and the old stuff.  I'm not bothered either way, just was an observation but I think they would get a fairly good crowd.

I think they probably did miss the boat but with legend options ever decreasing and there seemingly being a lack of new contenders there's maybe a chance.