Worst line up in the last 10 years?

Xeph1995

2 hours ago, Quark said:

But also recall tales from my brother of the amount of piss being slung about at Donington back in the day.

Certainly in 84 and 85 at times it was just a cascade of plastic beakers constantly flowing overhead. If one came anywhere near you longed for a tall hero to boldly step up and pluck it from the air. 

Just now, Chinaski_ said:

No different to pop fans slagging off rock and calling it childish things like "White men with guitars". 

Honestly though, I promise you there's nothing more boring than someone coming online and telling everyone that *insert female pop artist here* is shit and that they don't deserve to be at Glastonbury as much as their beloved rock band for soooooooo many really (not) very (not) legitimate (not) reasons like 'they attract the wrong crowd'.

According to Smirnoff and Spotify's Equalizer 17 percent of the artists I listen to are female, which incredibly enough puts me above the average. What Glastonbury is doing will open doors and make more young females become artists and start bands, which is more important than me being served the genres and bands I like.

No one can complain about the amount of or level of the females on the poster, when the males are proper bottom of the barrell - Hozier, Snow Patrol and Years & Years to name a few.

Anyways, many acts still to be announced.

Edited by Anarion
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Honestly though, I promise you there's nothing more boring than someone coming online and telling everyone that *insert female pop artist here* is shit and that they don't deserve to be at Glastonbury as much as their beloved rock band for soooooooo many really (not) very (not) legitimate (not) reasons like 'they attract the wrong crowd'.

I've criticised all pop though not just females. I agree the line up isn't great as I said earlier too MOR and bland and yes that includes the men. 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Miley and Janet are one time deals,  which on the whole is preferable to acts like Tame Impala and Two Door Cinema Club who're on practically every year.  Theyre the sort of 'only at Glastonbury' bookings that differentiate the G from other more pedestrian festivals that do book from the same pool of acts every time.

Spot on this.

Janet Jackson has the potential to be great, or shite, that’s what will make it interesting .

Black cat is the first tune on the playlist, and it’s got guitars on it too.

Result.

20 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Slagging off music because it's pop is boring, as is slagging off any music. Slagging off crap music, whatever the genre is the very essence of around 40% of the posts on this site. We live for it.

And 38% of that is just Hugh Jass

1 hour ago, Anarion said:

According to Smirnoff and Spotify's Equalizer 17 percent of the artists I listen to are female, which incredibly enough puts me above the average. 

I just did this! Really interesting, thanks for posting. 34% female for me, lower than I thought. I feel like I’m letting my gender down, must try harder.

4 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I just did this! Really interesting, thanks for posting. 34% female for me, lower than I thought. I feel like I’m letting my gender down, must try harder.

34% for me. Pretty nifty thing actually, here's link if anyone else wants to try it; https://smirnoff.withspotify.com/

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Jamaal Washington?  I don't know about him, but Kamasi Washington is certainly not "dire"

Autocorrect on my phone. Can appreciate his music style certainly just not really my cup of tea at the festival.

All this aside, it's definitely not the worst line-up in 10 years. And it's a shame its being slandered for the balance. As others have said I think a lot of people seem to forget this is the least amount of acts announced on the first poster in a long time. There's still plenty to come. Not to mention the hundreds of DJ's comedians and other stuff going on.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I haven’t slagged off The Killers once, that’s CalGon’s baby.

I know - it's a call back to the other day when someone was claiming you're overly critical and used The Killers as an example.

Maybe callback gags aren't my thing.