Worst line up in the last 10 years?

Xeph1995

2 minutes ago, DJL said:

Mixed bag for me (isn’t it always).

2 headliners I am a bit bored with and a third i’m not personally interested in. The strongest set of female acts i’ve ever seen including some who, if you’d never read a rumour, would be a big surprise - Janet, Kylie, Lauryn Hill and Miley Cyrus. After 20 years watching a lot of white guitars with guitars, i’m Really excited about this.

i do miss there being some heritage acts though. Fine to have a Kylie instead of a Dollie but I wish there was a Burt Bacharach or B.B. King type act.

Anyway. Can’t freaking wait 

Burt Bacharach was only added with the stage splits in 2015, so don't worry :) 

edit: what he said

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

This! 

Given that my musical tastes are usually the antithesis of what appears on the first poster, this is without doubt the strongest one I’ve seen, for me. I wonder if ‘most’ people are looking for their take on what is good/strong in the mainstream, and just not finding it on there this year. For me, there’s so much more on the poster than would usually excite me specifically (I’m in a constant state of Glastonbury excitement anyway), including:

Jon Hopkins

Sharon Van Etten

Pond

Low

This Is The Kit

Sons Of Kemet

The Comet Is Coming

Vampire Weekend

Idles

Interpol

Hot Chip

The Streets

I am genuinely baffled at what it is that people are not seeing on there that is making them seemingly SO disappointed. Genuine request - could anyone who has posted with genuine disappointment please post a few examples of what (realistic) artists would have made them happy with the poster? I’d love to see that.

Ben

I reckon it’s the lack of an act such as pixies, smashing pumpkins or qotsa. These American rock acts you might not easily get to see, when they play Glastonbury then it’s a buzz.

Just my thought, there’s loads more to be announced yet mind.

13 minutes ago, srb said:

Sheryl Crow always a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, so glad I'll get the chance to see her. Also, Sharon Van Etten grown on me a lot of late. Good female presence on the poster there

Sheryl played an absolutely amazing main stage set at Bonnaroo last year. She played mid-afternoon in like 96F heat and she did an hour of hit after hit. She was easily a top 5 act at the fest last year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

I reckon it’s the lack of an act such as pixies, smashing pumpkins or qotsa. These American rock acts you might not easily get to see, when they play Glastonbury then it’s a buzz.

Just my thought, there’s loads more to be announced yet mind.

That’s a good observation, Aki (as yours usually are...) and conspicuous now you’ve drawn attention to it. Not as big, by any means, but from a cultish status (esp. re: TOTBL), do Interpol not partially fill that brief? Or is there zenith just a little too long ago now? 

Ben

2 minutes ago, gearbm95 said:

Sheryl played an absolutely amazing main stage set at Bonnaroo last year. She played mid-afternoon in like 96F heat and she did an hour of hit after hit. She was easily a top 5 act at the fest last year.

Yeah, one of those artists over the years I tended to like her music whenever I heard without being a bona fide fan, so one I'm definitely looking forward to there. I remember one year (2014 maybe) she did an interview on Radio 2 she would be at G and didn't actually end up there. So yeah, a sunny day with a cider watching Sheryl sounds good to me 

3 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Florence/Kanye/Orrible Ooh is worse.

Extenuating circumstances with that one. Had the Foos, the biggest rock band on earth for the last few years, played then it would have looked a lot different.

There’s an alternate universe somewhere in which Foos/Kanye/Prince headlined that year.

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Clashes depending, I'm down for Shezza.  Imma fuck with doing the twist to All I Wanna Do in the sun in front of the Pymild.

Looking at her recent setlists and the first three songs are If It Makes You Happy, Every Day is a Winding Road and All I Wanna Do. Insanity. 100% gonna be there for her set, if only for the first three songs.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Extenuating circumstances with that one. Had the Foos, the biggest rock band on earth for the last few years, played then it would have looked a lot different.

There’s an alternate universe somewhere in which Foos/Kanye/Prince headlined that year.

Point well made. Yet the trio we got that year was meh on a stick. 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Looking at her recent setlists and the first three songs are If It Makes You Happy, Every Day is a Winding Road and All I Wanna Do. Insanity. 100% gonna be there for her set, if only for the first three songs.

Bit front-loaded though Shez. Presuming that Bond is up next, where do you go from there?

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

fucking hell, that's toploaded.  That's like when I saw Electric Six at the Reading Festival and they opened with Gay Bar and everyone immediately left after that song.   

No, I don't know why I went to see Electric Six. Presumably someone shouty was on the main stage.

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's missing a heritage rock act like Iggy Pop or Alice Cooper, and any reggae.  Duran Duran or Erasure would also have been a pleasant surprise.

Throw in Iggy Pop, Duran Duran, and Foals and it would look a lot better!

I wonder is there any chance of Damien Marley? He's touring and appears to have a gap around glasto time.

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

This! 

Given that my musical tastes are usually the antithesis of what appears on the first poster, this is without doubt the strongest one I’ve seen, for me. I wonder if ‘most’ people are looking for their take on what is good/strong in the mainstream, and just not finding it on there this year. For me, there’s so much more on the poster than would usually excite me specifically (I’m in a constant state of Glastonbury excitement anyway), including:

Jon Hopkins

Sharon Van Etten

Pond

Low

This Is The Kit

Sons Of Kemet

The Comet Is Coming

Vampire Weekend

Idles

Interpol

Hot Chip

The Streets

I am genuinely baffled at what it is that people are not seeing on there that is making them seemingly SO disappointed. Genuine request - could anyone who has posted with genuine disappointment please post a few examples of what (realistic) artists would have made them happy with the poster? I’d love to see that.

Ben

I can name as few,

Gary Clark Jr 

The Markus King band 

Both of which have great new albums.

The Tedeschi Trucks Band which would be a phenomenal booking, Derek trucks is phenomenal and think they would go down well at Glastonbury.

The Specials have a new album.

The Racentours

The smashing pumpkins

Alice in Chains have a new album don't think they have played yet.

Iggy Pop maybe.

I even heard My Blood Valentine might be releasing two eps in time for summer with a rumour of a tour.

Snarky Puppy?

Again just ideas from the top of my head, any one of these would have drastically peaked my interest.

I hope this gives you an understanding. 

The only one act I'm really excited to see from this first wave is a guy called Micheal kiwanuka who is amazing btw.

I'm looking for more bluesy/rootsy music.

Edited by Xeph1995

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

That’s a good observation, Aki (as yours usually are...) and conspicuous now you’ve drawn attention to it. Not as big, by any means, but from a cultish status (esp. re: TOTBL), do Interpol not partially fill that brief? Or is there zenith just a little too long ago now? 

Ben

Completely forgot about Interpol.

Need to get my eyes checked 

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

This! 

Jon Hopkins

Sharon Van Etten

Pond

Low

This Is

Ben

This ❤️

5 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

This! 

Jon Hopkins

Sharon Van Etten

Pond

Low

This Is The Kit

Sons Of Kemet

The Comet Is Coming

Vampire Weekend

Idles

Interpol

Hot Chip

The Streets

Ben

One person's like is another's did like and all that. You've mentioned 12 acts there for eg, I'd bother with one and that's not a must see.

12 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That ball's still in play. Burt only arrived on the full poster 

That’s good to know. Occurred to me afterwards we’re also lacking a Chic/Sly and the Family Stone/George Clinton/Jacksons etc disco or funk act compared to previous years. Hope that is rectified in the full poster. I was looking out for Giorgio Moroder (no idea of tour dates)