Worst line up in the last 10 years?

Xeph1995

I fucking love it. Will be at Hot Chip/ Kylie/ Jon Hopkins (potential clash with HC permitting)/ Lauryn Hill/ The Streets/ Chems will bells on!

10 or so other acts I would like to go and see too!

I haven’t finished work yet, so not checked out any of the stuff I haven’t heard of so far!

And still tons of other things to be announced for the big stages!

And none of the dances places or Avalon have been announced yet!

And.

There’s.

Still.

The.

Fucking.

Map.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

This lineup is fucking fire and i'm pumped. A clash nightmare for me personally. I dont even know half the names and the ones I do know are all must sees I've never seen before. 

Gw'an. 

^^^^^^

Enough there to keep me busy all weekend....shitting the clashes already ?

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

This lineup is fucking fire and i'm pumped. A clash nightmare for me personally. I dont even know half the names and the ones I do know are all must sees I've never seen before. 

Gw'an. 

This! 

Given that my musical tastes are usually the antithesis of what appears on the first poster, this is without doubt the strongest one I’ve seen, for me. I wonder if ‘most’ people are looking for their take on what is good/strong in the mainstream, and just not finding it on there this year. For me, there’s so much more on the poster than would usually excite me specifically (I’m in a constant state of Glastonbury excitement anyway), including:

Jon Hopkins

Sharon Van Etten

Pond

Low

This Is The Kit

Sons Of Kemet

The Comet Is Coming

Vampire Weekend

Idles

Interpol

Hot Chip

The Streets

I am genuinely baffled at what it is that people are not seeing on there that is making them seemingly SO disappointed. Genuine request - could anyone who has posted with genuine disappointment please post a few examples of what (realistic) artists would have made them happy with the poster? I’d love to see that.

Ben

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

This! 

Given that my musical tastes are usually the antithesis of what appears on the first poster, this is without doubt the strongest one I’ve seen, for me. I wonder if ‘most’ people are looking for their take on what is good/strong in the mainstream, and just not finding it on there this year. For me, there’s so much more on the poster than would usually excite me specifically (I’m in a constant state of Glastonbury excitement anyway), including:

Jon Hopkins

Sharon Van Etten

Pond

Low

This Is The Kit

Sons Of Kemet

The Comet Is Coming

Vampire Weekend

Idles

Interpol

Hot Chip

The Streets

I am genuinely baffled at what it is that people are not seeing on there that is making them seemingly SO disappointed. Genuine request - could anyone who has posted with genuine disappointment please post a few examples of what (realistic) artists would have made them happy with the poster? I’d love to see that.

Ben

Thanks Ben - for the positivity and for listing a couple I don't know that I need to check out. Started with Sharon :)

I agree....I don't really get the hate either, but maybe its also because I'm never usually mega overwhelmed by the first poster as it doesn't tend to match my musical tastes. Seems like a good start from where I'm sitting!

35 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

This! 

Jon Hopkins

Sharon Van Etten

Pond

Low

This Is The Kit

Sons Of Kemet

The Comet Is Coming

Vampire Weekend

Idles

Interpol

Hot Chip

The Streets

Ben

Bit of a lurker Ben but familiar with your tastes, and whilst not in anyway techno, you should check out Maribou State (who aren’t on your list). Placed well, would be a lovely little set I’d imagine!

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Thanks Ben - for the positivity and for listing a couple I don't know that I need to check out. Started with Sharon :)

I agree....I don't really get the hate either, but maybe its also because I'm never usually mega overwhelmed by the first poster as it doesn't tend to match my musical tastes. Seems like a good start from where I'm sitting!

I was really into Sharon a couple of albums ago and haven’t listened much for a bit. But she’s great. New record getting good reviews, so I’m diving back in. Pond are a band that have been on my peripheral radar for ages, and maybe one of the only bands that I’d actively thought about in terms of ‘I hope they’re on the poster’. I have to confess to being shamefully late to the Low party, but the latest record is ace. Interpol are a band I should like a huge amount as I’m very minor key, doomy in a lot of my listening (drone, anyone? ANYONE??!!). I saw them ages ago at Latitude and not since, so I need another set from them. Vampire Weekend have been a band I’ve always admired more than loved, but they know their way around a quality hook, and so a lovely sunny sub set from them could be magical on the Farm. As said, considering that usually there are maybe 1-3 acts on the first poster that yank my chain, my cup runneth over this year...

Ben

4 minutes ago, Eyebrow said:

Bit of a lurker Ben but familiar with your tastes, and whilst not in anyway techno, you should check out Maribou State (who aren’t on your list). Placed well, would be a lovely little set I’d imagine!

Thanks, @Eyebrow

Child 3 is always going on about Maribou State and I think I’ve been remiss in hearing next to nothing and sticking them in the ‘too much else to listen to this lot’ pile. Will defo go again on your rec. Oh dear - my, ahem, interest in techno is not quite as discreet as I imagined, eh?

:)

Ben

Just because the headliners don't include absolute mega-star doesn't make it a bad line up. Sometimes it's good to be pushed to seek alternatives. I've found some absolute gems over the years who've given me memories that have lasted a hell of a lot longer than headliners........or is that the alcohol etc ?

You're all right, it is a TERRIBLE line up. Let those tickets go back into the pot, you only lose a few quid, it doesn't matter. You can always just watch the telly. It'll probably rain. Might even snow. Brexit will happen, so there'll be no beer in the bars and you will be reduced to fighting the seagulls to get the leftovers from the bins when the foodstalls run out.

Have I convinced anyone?

(Wish me luck in the resale you lucky people)

• Upvote 1

I genuinely like it. Went through it and can safely say there are 10 acts I would be keen on seeing at least.  More to come too.

Not enamoured by the headliners, but in 5 Glastonbury's I have only been to two Pyramid headliners. Usually fine me at West Holts more often than not. Still, I would definitely go see The Cure provided one of my must-sees doesn't clash (likely will), but am more than happy with what we got today. Each to their own though 

12 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

You're all right, it is a TERRIBLE line up. Let those tickets go back into the pot, you only lose a few quid, it doesn't matter. You can always just watch the telly. It'll probably rain. Might even snow. Brexit will happen, so there'll be no beer in the bars and you will be reduced to fighting the seagulls to get the leftovers from the bins when the foodstalls run out.

Have I convinced anyone?

(Wish me luck in the resale you lucky people)

Virtual upvote @Rumblestripe as I’m out for the day :)

Ben

• Upvote 1

Mixed bag for me (isn’t it always).

2 headliners I am a bit bored with and a third i’m not personally interested in. The strongest set of female acts i’ve ever seen including some who, if you’d never read a rumour, would be a big surprise - Janet, Kylie, Lauryn Hill and Miley Cyrus. After 20 years watching a lot of white guitars with guitars, i’m Really excited about this.

i do miss there being some heritage acts though. Fine to have a Kylie instead of a Dollie but I wish there was a Burt Bacharach or B.B. King type act.

Anyway. Can’t freaking wait